Xperia S. The only Android phone I want

Yes, it's certainly a very elegant design.

However, I prefer small phones, such as the Xperia Ray. I wonder if any other manufacturers will follow Sony's lead and develop a compact smartphone?

General trend these days is that higher end phones are bigger and mainstream and low end phones are smaller, typically having a screen size of less than 3.8 or so.

The only high end phone I can think of right now, having a smaller screen than 3.8 is iPhone or Lumia 800

Small screens sux, just like the iPhone/Androids with a 3.5" it looks old compare to the Samsung Galaxy Note which has a 5.3" screen.

Some people don't have big hands and so they prefer smaller size.

I, myself, am a huge fan of bigger screen sizes but I also appreciate the people' comments who want smaller size screens

What's the price of it? Want to hear it before laughting at it, because I just purchased Atrix 2 a few ago for hundred bucks that offer pretty much the same spesifications, minus the "pretty".

why would you want to have apps on your lock screen. Music i can understand but anything else makes it a pointless lock screen! i like my lock screen to keep people out! The windows phone lets you take photos from your lock screen and i hate it, cause it turns on when i dont want it to!

Yes. This does look like Sony have finally got their act together.

Just hope the screen will be good colour wise etc. And the battery life.

why would you want to have apps on your lock screen. Music i can understand but anything else makes it a pointless lock screen! i like my lock screen to keep people out! The windows phone lets you take photos from your lock screen and i hate it, cause it turns on when i dont want it to!

My WP7 doesn't allow to take photos from lock screen. Indeed, apart from clock, wallpaper and music buttons, notifications, I can do nothing from WP7 lock screen which I exactly needed. Maybe you need to repair your phone

Yes, it's certainly a very elegant design.

However, I prefer small phones, such as the Xperia Ray. I wonder if any other manufacturers will follow Sony's lead and develop a compact smartphone?

agree. i prefer smaller phones myself.. and that is one hell of a design. WP7 would have awesomely complimented the squarish design of the phone...

The windows phone lets you take photos from your lock screen and i hate it, cause it turns on when i dont want it to!

I would find it odd if it happened often as you need to press and hold the camera button to start it, I've never had an issue with this?

You can also turn off the ability to take photos while the phone is locked in Settings, Applications, pictures + camera, plus

Turn off "press and hold camera button to wake up the phone" and turn on "prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked"

It really is an excellent looking device, both in aesthetics and hardware. The only minor point I have is the lack of onboard storage but throw a 32GB card in there and all is good :)

Ehm. You're all wrong.

It has 32GB of storage BUILT IN, and NO memory card slot. eMMC = embedded Multi Media Card.

It is an amazing phone though, I'm getting it asap. Retail price is said to be around $574, and ?499 in Europe.

The interface looks extremely good in my opinion, better than anything currently on the market.

A big MEH. It looks like a Zune HD, which is the only good thing it has going for it. Outside of that, yawn

So, what phones do you like then? Horribly round fat way-too-colorful HTC's with horribly slow Sense?

So, what phones do you like then? Horribly round fat way-too-colorful HTC's with horribly slow Sense?

I'm not picky on design of the phone. Sense 1.0 is what I'm rocking on my HTC Droid Incredible. I do agree the new versions of Sense are too much, but it still is by far my favorite manufacturer skin. Touchwiz looks way too bland, and doesn't offer much functionality. MotoBlur, I tried on my friend's phone, and was not a fan. I tend to prefer HTC phones, because they have a massive ROM community over at XDA. My next phone though is definitely a Galaxy Nexus. Also, there is always LauncherPro or ADW or such, which are all nice too. I don't like the size of the phone, but I do want to lock in an unlimited 4G plan, while it still exists on Verizon.

It's a GSM phone, so that'd be pretty much any network. For the US there is the similar Xperia Ion (with LTE) and the Ion will be available exclusively on AT&T.