Bye bye XP, Hello Longhorn

Who will Leave XP and Go to Longhorn ?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Leave XP and Go to Longhorn ?

• YES, bye XP
    • No, XP is the BEST

Who will Leave XP and Go to Longhorn ?

Um.. firstly, the question is flawed :whistle:

Most of the reasons that I didnt move straight from 98 to XP was due to the compatibility errors with hardware and the software that I used. XP releases were slow to come of already existing software, and usually involved buying new licenses.

So far - considering LH is an alpha (I think anyone using it day to day is nuts - 4029 is about as stable as Windows 98 with two broken legs) I wont 'move' to it. Also, considering that there is still a couple of years work to go into it, and we dont know what the final thing will even LOOK like I guess my option is to 'stay' with XP.

:sleep:

stfu sn00py and my god DsnBehind JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SUCKS!

You are an idiot.

:woot: :woot: :woot: lmfao

What have we, here? An unlikely assistant, I see.

DsnBehind your sigs are always too gay do you want EVERYONE on Neowin to know your gay or sumat i think i do!

XP all the way till longhorn it realesed in 2006 or wotever

as far as that thread goes.. I think keldyn & blaise put it the best on the last page of it.

Can we stay on topic please? create another thread again if you wanna brag about Justin, being gay or whatever.

And yeah I'll probably swap to Longhorn lol

For all above that has said they are going Mac, I am right there with you.

Here's the thing can any of you code?

Mac is in desparate need of coders to get up to par with gaming. Is the biggest shortfall imho.

XP vs Longfart ? forget them both.

They take a little getting used to.. I just bought my recently aquired work Mac home for the weekend to mess around with..

Great machines, great OS :)

I have LH 4029 on a disk but i have also been looking at the Setup screen going "should i? or should i stay with XP?" lol I dont want to put LH on yet but the second beta 1 or beta 2 comes out then yeah i might.

When its final i'm sure my PC will run it just fine....unitl intel ruins my speed then i have to upgrade :angry: lol.

Dane

It cannot be like ME its built on NT, nothing to do with the 9X OS at all.

I don't believe what he was trying to convey was anything to do with whether ME used NT or 9x Kernel (which of course it was the 9x), what he was trying to do was use it as an analogy to compare the possibility that the upgrade to Longhorn from XP may be the equivalent to the upgrade from 98 to ME.