PS3 bad quality with Asus Monitor

I bought this monitor http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175 a couple of month ago to play my pc games on. It is fine for pc games except for the ghosting. I have found a way to stop the ghosting from happening but I just don't want to keep setting that setting every time I turn on the screen. I am not using this monitor to play my PS3 on and it looks terrible! Like it is still playable but the all the of the characters and everything are all pixelated.

I am using HDMI, I am sitting farely close to the screen. I have tested it on my tv and it looks way better. The only thing is that my tv has a response rate of 8.5 which I just can't bare with so I have to stick with my monitor.

Does anyone know anything that I can do so it looks right?

Thanks.

What setting are you changing for it to be playable?

And reponse rate - gee. I thought worrying about that died off with the DLP and projection TVs? It's like anything under 16ms should be good enough or something. It just sounds crazy to see the difference between 2ms and 8ms.

Ghosting sounds like the refresh rate is not really 2ms then if that's the case.

Try setting max resolution in the PS3 to 720p tops.

Try changing "aspect" setttings on the monitor if possible.

Also before you try anything hold the power button on the PS3 to reset the video settings.

Well the specs of the monitor on the Newegg page says it handles 1920 x 1080, so I would just play around with some settings until it looks good, as it pretty much should look decent when setting the PS3 to output at 1080p.

I would definitely do as x9248 suggested and hold down the power button when first starting up the PS3 as that will reset the video settings and let you start from scratch.

Also in the PS3 settings there is a setting for RGB Full Range settings or something along those lines, I forget the exact terminology, but the two options for it are Full and Limited. Try playing with both of those settings to see if that helps at all.

With all that said, you are going to see a decent amount of pixelation if you are sitting very close to the monitor itself. Keep in mind almost all console games wether on the 360 or PS3 are not running at actual 1080p. Not even 1080i for that matter. They are usually running at 720p, and actually some are less than 720p and upscale themselves. So yeah, if you are sitting really close to the monitor, you will see pixelation. No doubt about it.

That link that I gave for the monitor is not the monitor that I have. It is pretty much the same one except mine is 24 inches. It is 2ms response time. I can very well tell the difference between 8 and 2ms. When you are playing shooter games and you go to turn, there is a big amount of lag on my tv from the time you actually turned using the joy stick, to it being displayed on the screen, not really really big, but enough to make the game uncomfortable. Think it is if you were playing Guitar Hero on a tv with a really high response rate. I don't think it would be the settings on the PS3 because it also did the same thing with the first PS3 I had which was returned for my current one after literally two days of purchase. I think the first one was used because it had a copy of MW3 in the tray. I also bought a new copy of MW3 not knowing there was already a copy in the tray. Knowing the fact that it might have been used (There was an account on it, career was 2% done and spec ops was playing for 4 hours) I took it back and got another one that was new for sure. At the menu of the PS3 it looks fine, it is just in games. I know that most Console games don't offer AA, but still. Saying that I will hold down the power button for 3 seconds to reset the settings and re-set them.

Thanks.

Oh ya, I don't need to change the aspect ratio because the aspect ratio of my screen is 16:9 and that is the same for ps3 games. I also tried forcing it to all be a 720p, did not work in providing better quality.