Gmail hacked last night!

Okay so I had my Gmail hacked last night and also my Steam account hacked. So I came back from a restaurant and I want to play some MW3 through Steam. Then Steam pops up with a message saying I have to enter my password. I say okay so then I try to enter my PW but it says incorrect. I tried everything. Then I went to the "lost" password form and it said it would send me a code to my email. So I go to my email and check. It says my password has been changed 4 hours ago! I wan't even on my computer 4 hours ago. So I went into the lost recovery form of Gmail and it sayed my phone number in there was changed, my security question was changed and everything else. Here is some proof of who it was that hacked my Gmail:

2LaPh.png

And I purposely didn't want to block out this guys IP address because he doesn't deserve any privacy.

Google and I have been working to recover my account and thanks to Google, it's recovered.

I got a message yesterday saying somebody logged onto my account from Taiwan on December 31st (no idea why google chose to wait until yesterday to inform me of this), so I've changed my password and passwords for other services too, but it's a bit worrying!

I wonder if google can tell me what emails that account read. I might ask them.

Don't want to be raciast but..... Hackers always come from the same regions....

I have a system on my website that is located by Google searchs, its patched but doesn't stop people trying php injection hacks several times a day, its tiresome (and sad that people are such scumbags)

You didn't have 2-step verification turned on.

I sure did. He knew everything. I think it was that I downloaded this virus yesterday and he probably got all my info.

Did you get your steam account back?

No not yet. They are still trying to recover it.

I sure did. He knew everything. I think it was that I downloaded this virus yesterday and he probably got all my info.

2 step verification = they send a text to your phone for you to sign on.

So it's either he had physical access to your phone, he gained remote control of your PC and you had "keep me signed in for 30 days" checked, or you are mistaken.

"I think it was that I downloaded this virus yesterday"

Sheesh!

Do you think that might have had something to do with it?

Amazing how you wait until after making a few posts about being hacked, before you mention that?

2 step verification = they send a text to your phone for you to sign on.

So it's either he had physical access to your phone, he gained remote control of your PC and you had "keep me signed in for 30 days" checked, or you are mistaken.

+1

"I think it was that I downloaded this virus yesterday"

Sheesh!

Do you think that might have had something to do with it?

Amazing how you wait until after making a few posts about being hacked, before you mention that?

Naw just thought of that.

2 step verification = they send a text to your phone for you to sign on. So it's either he had physical access to your phone, he gained remote control of your PC and you had "keep me signed in for 30 days" checked, or you are mistaken.

Can the they send a SMS to non-US mobiles? I'm at work and gmail is fully blocked. I don't want them to charge my phone credit for each time I need to login when I get that text

Wow.. No wonder you are hacked!!! It wont be long before someone steal your credit card information.

Yep amazing how that part of the puzzle can just slip a persons mind :laugh:

Hopefully he wasn't using the same username password combinations on a bunch of different sites, other wise.....whoopsie daisy!

Yep amazing how that part of the puzzle can just slip a persons mind :laugh:

Hopefully he wasn't using the same username password combinations on a bunch of different sites, other wise.....whoopsie daisy!

yeah, that surprised me too..

I never use my login credential on any public PC. I never install software that is not from a trusted source.

Again one best way to protect your account is to have different password for different account. With Google the best way to protect is 2 step authentication.

Can the they send a SMS to non-US mobiles? I'm at work and gmail is fully blocked. I don't want them to charge my phone credit for each time I need to login when I get that text

if you have a smart phoen hten use the google authenticator app which will generate a new code every 30 secs or so they can only be used once

and cant use an authencator from another phone. as its matched to yours only. also google will give you a bunch of 10 backup codes should you lose access to your phone (ie) the battery dies or you lose it. but dont keep these codes on your pc, becsaue if you do get hacked . all the hacker has to do is copy them down

and use them to log in from any other pc.

and IIRC they can send one time codes via text message to any phone in the world.