PSN 12 for '12

I'm sure some of you have seen this but perhaps not everyone. Sony is doing a 12 games for 2012 deal for this coming week only. All normal users will get 30% off these games while PS+ will get 50%. Looks to be some decent games in the mix, going to have to talk with one of my friends to see what he's picking up so we don't grab the same ones.

Read more here!

You may remember that this time last year, we offered up 11 great PS3 games at a discounted price as part of PlayStation Network?s ?11 for 2011? sale. This year, we?re upping the ante by bringing you 12 discounted games and offering up even more savings for PlayStation Plus users!

6708758175_479de0927d_z.jpg

We briefly mentioned the ?12 for ?12? sale in our last PlayStation Plus update, but now we?re bringing you the full list of games and discounts. We?re offering a dozen incredibly varied games for this year?s sale: from Q-Games? frenetic shooter PixelJunk SideScroller to Trendy Entertainment?s slick ?tower defense? hybrid Dungeon Defenders, there?s something for every type of gamer out there. Without further ado, here are the 12 for ?12!

? PixelJunk SideScroller ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89

? PAYDAY: The Heist ? Regular $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79

? Dungeon Defenders ? Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

? Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89

? Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition ? Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

? Eufloria ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, Plus $4.89

? BloodRayne: Betrayal ? Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

? Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken ? Regular $11.99, Sale $8.39, PS Plus $5.87

? Cubixx HD ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89

? Sideway New York ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89

? Rochard ? Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89

? Okabu ? Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

Not only are all of these titles some of the highest-rated PlayStation games of 2011, they?re also some of the newest titles to hit PSN! You may have seen some of these games featured in PSN PLAY and Only On PSN, and now you?re able to pick up these coveted games at their deepest discount yet.

Starting tomorrow, each game will be available at 30% off through January 23, and PlayStation Plus subscribers can purchase each game at 50% off.

We hope you enjoy this great line-up of discounted titles. Here?s to a great 2012!

Already own Pixel Junk or else would be all over it, I am actually considering The Heist, the whole premise of the game is appealing to me. Also always though Rochard looked interesting as well. I also do PSN+ and have $4 credit left from some movie promotion, so yeah think I will do Payday since it will cost me $5.79

probably all $4 at walmart. Talk about taking your crappiest games and trying to sell them with a promotion.

probably all $4 at walmart. Talk about taking your crappiest games and trying to sell them with a promotion.

Talk about trolling with no idea. All the games are PSN and not retail. Also calling Sidescroller crap proves you've not played it too.

• Like 1

D'oh. You can't buy any of these at Walmart.

As mentioned already.

AND they've all been well-reviewed. You must be the type that aren't satisfied by anything. xD

• Like 1

For once, I really hope this is US-only, because I took the dive and bought a 12 month PlayStation Plus subscription this morning. :rofl:

Also just an FYI, did not think it warranted it's own topic, but for Playstation + members in the US (possibly other areas as well, I just am not sure), the Starhawk public beta is now available. Downloading it now and hope to check it out tomorrow.

Mortal Kombat collection for $4.89??

Sold.

Yeah I am eyeing that up as well. MK II is among my favorite fighting games of all time.

Friend is picking up Payday, so that's covered but was thinking about picking up Pixeljunk (which many here seem to approve), and was also debating about Sideway NY (has anyone played this at all)? The concept looked interesting so it has me intrigued. Will have to check again for a demo tonight when I get home and give that a try if they do indeed have one.

Friend is picking up Payday, so that's covered but was thinking about picking up Pixeljunk (which many here seem to approve), and was also debating about Sideway NY (has anyone played this at all)? The concept looked interesting so it has me intrigued. Will have to check again for a demo tonight when I get home and give that a try if they do indeed have one.

Pixeljunk Sidescroller is definitely worth the money. The global leaderboards make it very comeptitive, well for me it does. Love trying to get top of all my friends list on games like these.

The only one that I would have considered was Payday, but after reading about the annoying friendly A.I. I'm going to give it a miss.

They have a demo for it, I downloaded it last night myself but did not get to check it out. Same with Rochard. Gonna check out the demos first then make my final decision. have until the 23rd to do so.

Also Boxster17, there is a demo for Sideways I am pretty sure as well. (Y)

They have a demo for it, I downloaded it last night myself but did not get to check it out.

Fair enough, and I'll let you decide for yourself. But I saw gameplay footage while someone was reviewing it, and his major gripe was the lack of control you had over your teammates. Watching the video I found myself agreeing to the point of frustration. He did mention that it worked well if you played multiplayer with friends though.

Interested in Rochard, Strangers Wrath and Eufloria.

Gutted I bought Dungeon Defenders a few days ago and it's cheaper now!!

Damn it! I totally forget to pick up Rochard, and now this is over! I checked out the demo and thought it was pretty good actually, then started reading user reviews and it is pretty much loved by people all over the place. I made a mental note to pick it up for the $4.99 as

I also did wind up picking up Payday The Heist. It is a poor mans Left 4 Dead (and that is not a knock on it, just the truth, but a poor mans L4D is still a good game), and it did only cost me $5 because I had $4 credit from a promotion Sony ran, so I checked out the demo, which I highly recommend to people as the demo does let you play online, you are just limited to only one of the maps. So it is a poor mans L4D but with heists as the theme. The online aspect is definitely more fun, when you play with other humans it makes the heists much better, and I can say that so far all of the games I have played everyone has played it as it is meant to be played and no one is an idiot. Even though the MP CoOp is where the game shines, the SP part of it with AI teammates actually works better than I thought it would, especially since I read a lot of comments about how the AI was horrible. I do have to wonder if those people that are saying the AI sucks realize if you press R2 when looking at one of your AI teammates, it will give them a contextual driven command, such as 'follow me" or "I need back up" or 'revive me." Without knowing about pressing R2, I could see why people think the AI is not the best, but once you know that the AI is actually done pretty well.

So yeah, wish I also picked up Rochard, and I still may do so actually as it seems to be that good and I love me a tradtional platformer. And also picked up Payday, and it is pretty decent, and was definitely worth the sales price.