British Airways flight mistakenly tells passengers plane will crash

**** me, it reminds you lot of a cartoon! Get a frigging grip on life will you.I only hope you dont suffer a loss due to a airplane crash or even slightly threatened in some way in this nature...

How low has Neowin become.

lol at least they didnt die so what are they moaning about.

Well they had the thrill of a lifetime and yes, they still moaned.

Myself I would have dragged a couple of the fitter air hostess's to the toilet and had a mile high three-some. :|

• Like 2

Why is their an automated message in the first place? Do they say things like this so much that it'd be easier to make a recording?

Goofy.

I'd be mad as hell. I'd want some form of compensation.

Human nature these days is to sue. Everyone thinks they are entitled to something and that way of thinking needs to stop imo.

When it's trivial, I agree.. however I can imagine quite a few distressed people being left with a post traumatic disorder. I'm sure their life flashed before their eyes etc etc etc... Things like that change you.

Why is their an automated message in the first place? Do they say things like this so much that it'd be easier to make a recording?

I imagine that the recording has some information about what to do as opposed to "stick your head between your legs and kiss your *** goodbye", just in case the pilots are too busy with trying to save the plane to calmly compose the same message.

Goofy.

I'd be mad as hell. I'd want some form of compensation.

[/color]

When it's trivial, I agree.. however I can imagine quite a few distressed people being left with a post traumatic disorder. I'm sure their life flashed before their eyes etc etc etc... Things like that change you.

Probably have the recording so that in the real case, the pilot can focus on flying, or crashing rather.

If the change you have sparks you to want free money, I would argue it wasn't that bad. The reason we know this person isn't saying this out of post traumatic stress disorder is they are asking for the price of the flight back, not the cost of the disorder. The cost of treating and managing PTSD is much higher than the cost of a plane ticket. Anyone that claims that they should be refunded is making a grab at money and nothing more. If they had PTSD, the would have to prove it first, and if it were the case, $1000 wouldn't be the settlement.

Free peanuts on your next flight. ;)

Ha, that seems reasonable.

People are acting like humans have never and should never experience stress... Some people just need to grow a thicker skin before "traveling".

Probably because if there was a real emergency the pilots would already have a ton on their plate, no point in adding more. Trying to figure out what's wrong, maintaining control of the plane, getting it down safely etc etc.

I imagine that the recording has some information about what to do as opposed to "stick your head between your legs and kiss your *** goodbye", just in case the pilots are too busy with trying to save the plane to calmly compose the same message.

I'm pretty sure flight attendants are responsible for preparing the cabin for such things.

I'm pretty sure flight attendants are responsible for preparing the cabin for such things.

They might not be able to maintain composure under a very stressful situation.

**** me, it reminds you lot of a cartoon! Get a frigging grip on life will you.I only hope you dont suffer a loss due to a airplane crash or even slightly threatened in some way in this nature...

How low has Neowin become.

Temper temper. I just happen to pretty laid back and logically minded. I don't overly crowd my judgement with emotion and view this as precisely what it is: an honest mistake.

It's the last message the pilots play before they escape in their ejector seats :)

It's the last message the pilots play before they escape in their ejector seats :)

LOL, what a story this would have been if it was like that :p

"Pilots mistakenly play crash message and eject out of plane with no problems. Plane crashes shortly after."

"Pilots mistakenly play crash message and eject out of plane with no problems. Plane crashes shortly after."

Would be more like "Robert Hays safely lands plane after pilot mistakenly ejects from plane with no issues". That was a good movie :p

Now that would be funny

Them fools, remove the automated message! You caused permeant mental trauma to the people on this plane! How can these people stand to go on being woken up by an automated message warning of a possible issue! God damn they better remove fire alarms from buildings, do you have any idea how many times I've been woken up in college by a fire alarm! I thought I was going to burn alive, I should demand my college tuition be refunded! How about those EAS alerts that blast at night, waking me up! I thought a tornado was going to rip through! But wait it told me it was a test so I went back to sleep.

Oh wait if they removed the automated message and something did happen theyd be sued for not having it!

Some of these posters need to relax, you're suppose to walk out of that situation with joy and grace. You should be happy that you're alive, not raging and hunting for money or compsensation. Relax, think logically and you'll be fine.

lol at least they didnt die so what are they moaning about.

you're suppose to walk out of that situation with joy and grace. You should be happy that you're alive, not raging and hunting for money or compsensation.

EXACTLY! Crybabies, the world would have been far better off if those whiners did die in a plane crash.

what a painful experience :(

That doesn't help me to manage my airplane fear eh

if it helps, statisticlly you would have to fly everyday for thirty six thousand years before you crash.

Articles like this always show people whining, because the people who aren't whining don't feel the need to make a statement for the media, and have quite probably already left and got on with their day by the time the media arrived.