After Earth (2013) [Will Smith, M.NS]

After Earth (2013)

Release: June 7. 2013

Studio: Columbia, Blinding Edge

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Producer: James Lassiter (I Am Legend, Hancock, I, Robot)

Executive Producer: M. Night Shyamalan

Writing: Stephen Gaghan (Syriana, Traffic, American Gothic [TV]); Gary Whitta (Book of Eli)

Cinematographer: Peter Suschitzky (Empire Strikes Back, eXistenZ, Rocky Horror)

Synopsis: One thousand years after Earth has been abandoned, a young boy and his father return to the now frightening planet after their spaceship crashes.

Cast -

Will Smith, Jaden Smith, Isabelle Fuhrman, Zo? Kravitz

The movie story sounds great. It's the director I have a problem with. As you all know, M. Night Shyamalan hasn't had any luck in the box office. His latest failure, The Last Airbender, was not a crowd pleaser, neither were any of the last 3 films before that one. I am surprised this man is still getting movie contracts from studios.

Let's hope he doesn't screw this one up.

I'm really looking forward to this. I don't have a problem with M. Night Shyamalan that a lot of people seem to (Airbender may be really bad, but I wouldn't be interested in it no matter who directed it) and I really like Gary Whitta

• 5 months later...

When I first saw the title I was hoping for a live-action Titan A.E. (After Earth), but it wasn't to be :(

Must admit I also was thinking the same thing, more the pity that it's not! Titan A.E. is perhaps my favorite animated movie of all time, perhaps Heavy Metal is on a par.

OMG, another original film!!! Hollywood already out of remakes?

M Night Ramalamadingdong is always original. Good No, Original Yes.

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Writing: Gary Whitta (Book of Eli)

Cast -

Will Smith, Jaden Smith, Isabelle Fuhrman, Zo? Kravitz

I was excited until I saw that M. Night Shyamalan was going to direct this. I was also let down when I read that Will Smith's son and Lenny Kravitiz daughter were in this.

Personally I don't mind Jaden Smith at all. I thought he did a damn good job in the Karate Kid remake. As for Lenny Kravitz's kid, I haven't ever seen her in anything so I can't comment on her acting ability. Needless to say I'm not going to dismiss the movie due to either of them. As for MNS on the other hand, eh. He's hit or miss writing wise. But he's not writing this one, he's only directing (and I think producing?) so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. His last movie about the devil in the elevator wasn't bad actually, so I can forgive past transgressions :D

Personally I don't mind Jaden Smith at all. I thought he did a damn good job in the Karate Kid remake. As for Lenny Kravitz's kid, I haven't ever seen her in anything so I can't comment on her acting ability. Needless to say I'm not going to dismiss the movie due to either of them. As for MNS on the other hand, eh. He's hit or miss writing wise. But he's not writing this one, he's only directing (and I think producing?) so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. His last movie about the devil in the elevator wasn't bad actually, so I can forgive past transgressions :D

She was in xmen first class, the girl with the tattoo wings that could fly.

m night shyamalan? sounds like a lousy movie. already.

thank gawd will smith has stop negrotizing classic movies (wild wild west, karate kid ...), while inserting himself and his family members into them. those movies aren't bad. just weird freaks of nature.

From IMDB: ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815862/ )

One thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity's escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind's new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai. When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai's craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.

I honestly don't know what to think of this. :huh:

Will Smith as a supporting act for his son? No thanks.

An astroid storm damaging the ship forcing them to crash-land, are we really doing that one again? We have interstellar space travel without the means of protecting vehicles from debris?

Sounds incredibly lame.