Photo

XBLA Exclusive Deadlight Preview Video

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:07

agree with you regarding the controls, they could have been better. but i love this game, the writing is superb - some of the diary entries really touched me. and it's beautiful and very well thought out. i like this game a lot.

#32 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:10

So it only took you under 2 hours total to beat it?
I am at the part

Spoiler
, how much time do I have left?

And while I have gotten used to the controls, I still think they could have been much more precise then they are, and there are still times they do not do what I want them to do. But they are not horrible anymore, but could have been much better.

Love the overall premise and visuals though. So that is why it is more disappointing to me I think. There was a game released called Outlands recently. While it was a totally different take and approach on the platformer genre, it was still indeed a platformer, and required some pretty damn precise jumping, and the controls in it are much better then Deadlight. So I know better controls could be achieved.

I thought it took me longer but when i look at the leaderboards it was just under two hours. That isn't rushing through it either, i didn't collect the majority of collectables too.
At a guess you probably have about 30 minutes to go.

Outlands was an underrated game. I really enjoyed that. Plus it got tricky for the right reasons. Deadlight, you pretty much die due to missing a jump or the broken melee combat.

#33 .Rob

.Rob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:06

Posted Image

#34 +unabatedshagie

unabatedshagie

It used to be good on here.

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:12

I got this after playing the demo. As a few people have said the controls are damn annoying at times. Also don't like the dying is the only way to figure out the puzzle solution sections.

I'm stuck at a particular section and I honestly don't know if I can be bothered to try and figure it out to complete the game.

It's
Spoiler

If it was 800 points I wouldn't have minded paying for it but for 1200 I was expecting a bit better. Overall a bit disappointed with it.

#35 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:40

I got this after playing the demo. As a few people have said the controls are damn annoying at times. Also don't like the dying is the only way to figure out the puzzle solution sections.

I'm stuck at a particular section and I honestly don't know if I can be bothered to try and figure it out to complete the game.

It's

Spoiler

If it was 800 points I wouldn't have minded paying for it but for 1200 I was expecting a bit better. Overall a bit disappointed with it.

That part stumped me for quite awhile. You have to
Spoiler

#36 +unabatedshagie

unabatedshagie

It used to be good on here.

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:43

That part stumped me for quite awhile. You have to

Spoiler

Thank's, now I've gotten 100% and all achievements and uninstalled the game. Little bit miffed that I paid 1200 points, 800 points and I'd probably have been all right with it.

#37 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 August 2012 - 20:44

Finally got around to beating the game today. I had started that last sequence about 5 times prior to today but due to no checkpoints on that last stretch, I had to play it over and over as every-time I had fired up my console I only had like 10 minutes each time to play. Was actually incredibly annoying.

Yeah, I stick by what I originally said pretty much. Squandered opportunity here. It could have wind up being a pretty good game if the controls were a bit tighter, and it was not so short overall. The shortness would have been fine if they did not basically seem to drag out certain sections. It comes off like they had this really great initial idea, and then just could not quite pull off the execution. One of the bigger disappointments in awhile for me in fact. Could have been way better. Instead it is okay, and as others have already pointed out and I agree with wholeheartedly, I cannot say it was worth the $15 price tag at all. $10 maybe, but that extra $5 just seems to make it seem over priced for what you wind up getting.

Oh well.

#38 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:21

After playing Deadlight it has got me in the Metroidvania mood for some reason. So i'm replaying all my favourite Metroidvania type games.
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
La Mulana (remake)
Cave Story
Shadow Complex
to name a few.