Photo

Who uses Windows 8 as primary OS?

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#556 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:25

Well unfortunately Windows 8 CP is very bad. And it is exactly like that. You cannot use it because there are so many problems. So WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARES PREVIEW is a good name for it.Why don't Microsoft just let up and make Windows 8 with a normal Windows 7 desktop and start menu?

But I don't think they are going to do that. Andrea Borman.

#557 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 12
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:30

Well unfortunately Windows 8 CP is very bad. And it is exactly like that. You cannot use it because there are so many problems. So WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARE PREVIEW is a good name for it.Why don't Microsoft just let up and make Windows 8 with a normal Windows 7 desktop and start menu?

Send Microsoft your feedback if you want them to change the Windows 8 desktop experience. But quit your bitching on here! It is annoying to no end. </rant>

#558 Auroka

Auroka

Neowinian

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:47

Well unfortunately Windows 8 CP is very bad. And it is exactly like that. You cannot use it because there are so many problems. So WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARE PREVIEW is a good name for it.Why don't Microsoft just let up and make Windows 8 with a normal Windows 7 desktop and start menu?

If you tried using Windows 8 on something other then a mediocre netbook you'd realize it's actually faster then Windows 7.

Metro is here to stay. If you don't like it then just keep using Windows 7 and stop trying to drag everyone down with you.

#559 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:55

If you tried using Windows 8 on something other then a mediocre netbook you'd realize it's actually faster then Windows 7.

Metro is here to stay. If you don't like it then just keep using Windows 7 and stop trying to drag everyone down with you.

If she tried using it at all, since she has no idea what metro actually is.

#560 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:05

[Thread cleaned]

If your post(s) are removed by a staff member, DO NOT repost them.

#561 johnporter29

johnporter29

a = 1; b = 2; a + b = c

• Phone: Moto G 4G

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:08

just stop replying or trying to explain to andrea and all will be well.

#562 FATILA

FATILA

Neowinian

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:29

Well I wrote to my local emperor d. sidious and he agreed that the threat Windows 8 nightmare edition represents is too grave to go unanswered.
He said he'll be sending some imperial destroyers to take out the OS factory in Redmond "in the coming weeks/months" so fear not, we should be Windows safe for some time to come.

#563 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:07

I've read a lot of comments in different parts of the web that complain about Windows 8. Apparently it's not going over well despite a lot of fanboys belief to the contrary. I feel Metro is okay but the desktop experience is poorly done.

#564 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:18

Has anyone been able to get IE9 TPL lists working with IE10?

#565 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 19 March 2012 - 16:13

Has anyone been able to get IE9 TPL lists working with IE10?

Yes, they work fine. Currently you either have to set them up on the desktop IE or browse to the IE gallery here.

#566 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 19 March 2012 - 16:56

Yes, they work fine. Currently you either have to set them up on the desktop IE or browse to the IE gallery here.

It's quite ceceiving to see on that gallery that nobody made an adblock for IE. :/

#567 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 March 2012 - 21:40

It's quite ceceiving to see on that gallery that nobody made an adblock for IE. :/

:D https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ http://fanboy.co.nz/adblock/ie.html

#568 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 19 March 2012 - 21:52

:D https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ http://fanboy.co.nz/adblock/ie.html

Easylist doesn't seems to provide adblocking but TPL only.

#569 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 925

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:54

I've read a lot of comments in different parts of the web that complain about Windows 8. Apparently it's not going over well despite a lot of fanboys belief to the contrary. I feel Metro is okay but the desktop experience is poorly done.

I've read a lot of comments in different parts of the web that praise Windows 8. Apparently, it's going over quite well despite a lot of haters belief to the contrary. I feel Metro is great and the desktop experience is pretty much the same with a few enhancements.

See? Depends on your perception as to how you see the situation.

Easylist doesn't seems to provide adblocking but TPL only.

Fanboy seems to block ads well. I had nary an ad since enabling it on IE9 and now IE10.

#570 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:07

well ive been using CP from day one, have no problems with the start button. I have to say i didnt like DP, and bitched about it, after using CP for awhile now, im enjoying windows 8 and don't mind it. Looking forward to seeing the RTM and what Microsoft decided to go with.