Who uses Windows 8 as primary OS?

I do, imaged my system and upgraded from Windows 7. Only programs that weren't compatible were Avast! (was already uninstalled, but the folder was still in Program Files) and Windows Defender for some reason; I would have expected that to have been upgraded?

avast works for me tho theey have an updated version for windows 8 i think but version 7 works for me

Because I have uninstalled it and gone back to Windows 7.

Well' you would have had to actually installed it first. Which from every posts you do, I can safely say you have not.

I do, imaged my system and upgraded from Windows 7. Only programs that weren't compatible were Avast! (was already uninstalled, but the folder was still in Program Files) and Windows Defender for some reason; I would have expected that to have been upgraded?

Defender wouldnt have been upgraded since its to used in windows 8. Windows 8 comes with its own new defender tha is the full security essentials suite. Only newer and for 8

i feel your pain Andrea i really do...There once was a nutty bar i liked which had peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles and what not..And one day the company decided adding coconut to it.Unacceptable..who would wanna eat coconut on a nutty bar..nobody :angry:

all kidding aside windows 8 isn't a trainwreck at all.I do understand some people won't ever be using Metro apps and stay at desktop mode most of the time and it will still work great.If you really hate all the changes from 7 to 8 then you shouldn't upgrade but a lot of people here i know will..

You are absolutely right it is a waste of time upgrading to Windows 8 if they are going to make it like this.With no start menu and the Metro theme.

But the problem is once a new version of Windows is released they stop selling the old version. Like they did with Windows XP and Windows Vista. So if they stop selling Windows 7 and we are forced to buy Windows 8. we will be stuck with Windows 8 when we do have to buy a new PC.

Linux users get to choose what version of Linux they use. So why can't Windows users? Andrea Borman.

*sniped*

oh the neat! at least Average user won't panic :p would be handy to add error code as well in same line as the error

Linux users get to choose what version of Linux they use. So why can't Windows users? Andrea Borman.

Support. Since Windows is CLOSED SOURCE, Microsoft cannot support everything under the sun. They have better things to do with their time and money.

You are absolutely right it is a waste of time upgrading to Windows 8 if they are going to make it like this.With no start menu and the Metro theme.

But the problem is once a new version of Windows is released they stop selling the old version. Like they did with Windows XP and Windows Vista. So if they stop selling Windows 7 and we are forced to buy Windows 8. we will be stuck with Windows 8 when we do have to buy a new PC.

*eyes bleed*

NOT A THEME, IT IS A USER INTERFACE

if you went theme go here

post-254628-0-41203500-1331901074_thumb.

I started using it since last week and was really worried about lack of the start menu. But now im loving it so easy and simple to use and to be honest I hardly ever use the start menu. Maybe just 3 times a day to search for certain apps. People who are crying about no start menu need to first give it a try.

Can we just have AndreaBorman banned? Otherwise I will have to put users who keep quoting her on my ignore list as well.

That is her ultimate goal so she can write how bad neowin is for banning her among all the other sites who already did on her 20 different Hezbollah blogs.

Can we just have AndreaBorman banned? Otherwise I will have to put users who keep quoting her on my ignore list as well.

You do know she has videos on youtube spewing the same BS, right?

And I'd appreciate a tip on how to add someone to my ignore list, I cant seem to find how to do it here. Thanks.

That is her ultimate goal so she can write how bad neowin is for banning her among all the other sites who already did on her 20 different Hezbollah blogs.

Well I only got banned from 2 forums. Seven Forums who ban people for nothing anyway. And a lot of members of Windows 7 forums have been banned from Seven Forums for no reason.See here-http://windows8forum...ven-forums.html

And I was banned from Expert Law forums for posting about my ban from Seven Forums.But the members of Expert Law forums did not like me anyway. And the members of Expert Law forums are not very nice. They get their kicks out of upsetting people.It's their thing. And from what I have read on the web they did this to other people not just me. So I am not the only one. Andrea Borman.

And I'd appreciate a tip on how to add someone to my ignore list, I cant seem to find how to do it here. Thanks.

Curious as I am I couldn't help but have a look on YouTube. And you know what? In honour of Andrea I promptly booted into Windows 8 to use the Metro Theme in all of its glory. /s

I am using Win8 CP on my desktop as main OS, dual-booting with Win7. On my laptop, I went the upgrade route from Win7 to Win8 CP. Loving it so far!

Well I only got banned from 2 forums. Seven Forums who ban people for nothing anyway. And a lot of members of Windows 7 forums have been banned from Seven Forums for no reason.See here-http://windows8forum...ven-forums.html

And I was banned from Expert Law forums for posting about my ban from Seven Forums.But the members of Expert Law forums did not like me anyway. And the members of Expert Law forums are not very nice. They get their kicks out of upsetting people.It's their thing. And from what I have read on the web they did this to other people not just me. So I am not the only one. Andrea Borman.

Curious as I am I couldn't help but have a look on YouTube. And you know what? In honour of Andrea I promptly booted into Windows 8 to use the Metro Theme in all of its glory. /s

And you found out that you could not use Windows 8,right? I told you so. Windows 8 is-THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

And you found out that you could not use Windows 8,right? I told you so. Windows 8 is-THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

On the contrary. I find Windows 8 to be perfectly usable. It is different from Windows 7, sure. But not entirely unusable.

On the contrary. I find Windows 8 to be perfectly usable. It is different from Windows 7, sure. But not entirely unusable.

But Windows 7 is much better and it has a start menu. And also that Metro theme just uses up a lot of resources on a laptop.My laptop is back to normal now that I have uninstalled that horrible Windows 8 CP and reinstalled Windows 7. Andrea Borman.

But Windows 7 is much better and it has a start menu. And also that Metro theme just uses up a lot of resources on a laptop.My laptop is back to normal now that I have uninstalled that horrible Windows 8 CP and reinstalled Windows 7. Andrea Borman.

Metro isn't a theme. :rofl:

Funny, I've been using Windows 8 daily, since the CP was released, and I'm just as productive on it as I am on Windows 7, if not more. Andrea, you need to get off those damn netbooks for day to day computing. They're nice for occasional computing, but they suck compared to low end laptops.

I can live with the start screen just fine. As to the resource usage - Windows 8 is actually faster on my aging ThinkPad than Windows 7. Imagine that.

Your crusade against Windows 8 will get you nowhere. Oh and:

Metro is not a theme.

myODa.png

That's funny since windows 8 and metro uses less resources and is faster than Windos 7 and the start menu. But keep on trollin, trollin trollin...

Well I will never support Windows 8 unless they make it like Windows 7. The Metro theme and no start menu is a mistake that should never have been invented.We need the Metro theme like we need a hole in the head. Andrea Borman.