sopa mpaa corruption

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 xbamaris

xbamaris

Neowinian

• 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 18:04

They have the right to donate their money to support politicians that put forth legislation that they agree with. If the politician no longer supports that legislation, why should they continue to financially support them?

The only "right" they have is one that should be illegal. They dont "support" politicians, They manipulate them by throwing and dangling money at them.

#17 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 18:15

They have the right to donate their money to support politicians that put forth legislation that they agree with. If the politician no longer supports that legislation, why should they continue to financially support them?

Except for the part where the politicians are supposed to be looking after the interests of the America people, not the interests of the mpaa....yeah...totally...

#18 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 18:34

The problem is that the MPAA isn't paying money to fund those it supports. It's almost blatantly saying that they are giving government kickbacks.

#19 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

• 1,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:19

Except for the part where the politicians are supposed to be looking after the interests of the America people, not the interests of the mpaa....yeah...totally...

The MPAA are part of the American people. Should it be illegal for individuals to support politicians that agree with their views? A company is a large group of people.

The problem is that the MPAA isn't paying money to fund those it supports. It's almost blatantly saying that they are giving government kickbacks.

I don't see a difference. Say you were for or against abortion. If there was an election and you could donate to the politician that agreed with your stance then you'd be giving him or her a kickback?

The only "right" they have is one that should be illegal. They dont "support" politicians, They manipulate them by throwing and dangling money at them.

Free speech.

#20 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:28

The MPAA are part of the American people. Should it be illegal for individuals to support politicians that agree with their views? A company is a large group of people.

I don't see a difference. Say you were for or against abortion. If there was an election and you could donate to the politician that agreed with your stance then you'd be giving him or her a kickback?

So you're saying because these people have money, it's okay for them to think they are entitled to pay to have laws created as they see fit? Even though most of the rest of the country (that they are part of according to you) doesn't want or even agree with those laws? And you're also saying it's okay for them to throw a temper tantrum because the spoiled brats got spanked on the bottom and told "no"?

#21 xbamaris

xbamaris

Neowinian

• 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:32

Free speech.

How does that relate in any way to free speach? You're not seeing the point. Your basically agreeing with groups who directly BRIBE our Senators to make the decisons. Not that I entirely blame MPAA because the Senators are actually accepting the BRIBES. But when someone dangles $100,000+ in your face and tells you all you have to do is agree with us and you get $100,000 I doubt you'd say no, and in the end, you are not making your own decisions, your making one because someone gave you money.

If I were the Senators I would accept the bribes then tell MPAA to get lost and vote no to SOPA and PIPA. Free money, at the cost of MPAA's stupidity.

Seriously pack34, you're as stupid as Chris Dodd.

#22 pack34

pack34

• 1,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:34

So you're saying because these people have money, it's okay for them to think they are entitled to pay to have laws created as they see fit? Even though most of the rest of the country (that they are part of according to you) doesn't want or even agree with those laws? And you're also saying it's okay for them to throw a temper tantrum because the spoiled brats got spanked on the bottom and told "no"?

If you have money there is nothing wrong with donating it to campaigns for those who share your views. If the politician you supported no longer supports your views why on earth would you continue to fund them?

How does that relate in any way to free speach? You're not seeing the point. Your basically agreeing with groups who directly BRIBE our Senators to make the decisons. Not that I entirely blame MPAA because the Senators are actually accepting the BRIBES. But when someone dangles $100,000+ in your face and tells you all you have to do is agree with us and you get $100,000 I doubt you'd say no, and in the end, you are not making your own decisions, your making one because someone gave you money.

If I were the Senators I would accept the bribes then tell MPAA to get lost and vote no to SOPA and PIPA. Free money, at the cost of MPAA's stupidity.

Seriously pack34, you're as stupid as Chris Dodd.

Do you have proof that it was a bribe and not a campaign donation? You're just looking at any possible way to show them in a negative light because you disagree with them.

#23 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,994 posts
  • Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:36

corporations are NOT people

#24 xbamaris

xbamaris

Neowinian

• 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:39

If you have money there is nothing wrong with donating it to campaigns for those who share your views. If the politician you supported no longer supports your views why on earth would you continue to fund them?

Holy crap, we're not arguing with that. Your missing the bigger picture dude. Its the fact that they had to FUND THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

#25 pack34

pack34

• 1,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:42

Holy crap, we're not arguing with that. Your missing the bigger picture dude. Its the fact that they had to FUND THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And? I don't see the issue.

corporations are NOT people

Corporations are groups of people.
http://en.wikipedia....rsonhood_debate

#26 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:44

Are you being purposefully dense, or playing devils advocate here? Or do you really think the mpaa is in the right?

#27 xbamaris

xbamaris

Neowinian

• 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:44

Are you being purposefully dense, or playing devils advocate here? Or do you really think the mpaa is in the right?

I'm just going to say pack34's a troll.

#28 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,994 posts
  • Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:45

I'm just going to say pack34's a troll.

Or he works for MPAA :)

#29 xbamaris

xbamaris

Neowinian

• 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:46

Or he works for MPAA :)

Or is Chris Dodd himself. By the way he talks it just sounds exactly like what Chris Dodd has been trying to brainwash into people.

#30 pack34

pack34

• 1,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 19:47

I fail to see where they did any wrong. Corporate campaign contributions are legal.