Zagg shield - rubbish?

I got a zagg shield off amazon a while back, installed it fine it wasn't a problem and it was doing great, until the bit at the bottom started to peel off...

So I did the warranty thing with Zagg and got my replacement today, the new one is different from the old one, it was very poorly cut from the machine because I had to break it off at the top and bottom from the paper it came on, and the top part has left a bit on without sticky which doesn't look good (i.e. it'll lift up). The camera hole and button hole weren't cut well either, both of them stuck in loads of places and had to be ripped off, and when I put it on, it's actually slightly too big for my ipod touch 4g (yes it is a 4g sticky), and so I had to reposition it about 5 times, if I line up the camera hole with the camera, the button hole is too far down, and the cover droops off the bottom edge if I line it up with the button then its covering half the camera and dropps off the top.

So I've tried to get it in-between, it's drooping partially at the top and bottom.

Quite frankly I'm not impressed with this replacement, it's shoddy at best and I don't see it lasting long before it gets knocked off from the bad design.

Anyone else found their products to be shoddy or have problems?

Is it worth getting a case for my ipod to go around the outside to hold the sticky down and make it more immune to lifting off?

get a nice otterbox case that comes with built in screen protector, that's what I did, it's perfect. Though mine servers a second purpose. My sons dropped my ipod and the screen cracked, so I replaced the screen, but it doesn't sit flush inside the ipod's case. So the Otterbox actually serves the dual purpose of holding my screen in place.

I have used Zagg's products since I first saw them at CES in 2009, and have not had any issues. My wife uses them as well. I had to once get a replacement for my Droid phone, and my wife needed a replacement for iPod Touch, and no issues like you are reporting. I would contact them immediately and say there is an issue with the replacement and you want another.

I had mine installed @ best buy about a year ago, got some OJ on the corner of it which left a few spots that won't come off, never bothered to get it replaced though but I've never had any issues. I did ask them how to clean it though (letting them know what happened) and they said due to the porous nature of their covers, it soaks up anything sticky and cannot be cleaned. They offered a replacement (under the warranty) but it never caused me any issues so I didn't bother replacing it. They did however give me a shipping coupon for when I decide to replace it so I don't have to pay shipping.

tl;dr, no problems here, around a year of usage and mines never peeled up or caused any issues, the only damage to it was self-caused but doesn't affect usage.

Humm weird, the cover is now dry and it's looking ok-ish, so I think I'll just grab a case for it to hold it in and send the old one back, not sure if I should even bother attempting to try replacing the back one (original was full body, replacement is maximum cover) if it'll be anything like the front.