Does Killzone 3 still have an online community?

I am thinking of picking this up once I get rid of MW3. I know it won't have the population the size of say CoD or even BF3 but is there enough there to warrant getting this game?

If you haven't played it yet, it would definately provide a great level of value entertainment at this point. It's graphics are still far better than CoD's. I put at least 40 or 50 hours into multiplayer before gradually losing interest. I didn't find it to be quite as fun as KZ2 overall though. As far as the current population, I couldn't say, pretty wrapped up into BF3 PC.

I still actively play it online all the time, and I've never had a problem being put into a match of any kind. I can't give you a number as to how many people play, but enough of them play all the time that I've played for hours straight, even into the wee hours of the morning and still found plenty of people to play with. It's one of the best first-person-shooters I've ever played.

• 6 months later...

As far as the multiplayer aspect is concerned, in my opinion both the net code and hitbox encoding put MW3 (and indeed MW2...) to shame.

If the developers of KZ3 introduced an in-game equivalent to the MW3 hardcore mode, or indeed a new game that featured this style of gameplay, I wouldn't touch the MW franchise ever again.

It also encourages teamwork (as much as it can on a public server I suppose), which is sadly lacking in many online gaming experiences at present.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent played for a couple months but last time I was on I didnt have any issues getting into full games. Its a fun game and the SP campaign is pretty good too.