• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:51

All that makes it not seem to be bribery is how "shocking" it is. (à la "too big to be (legally) true")
Read: shocking how open they are about it.
Of cause they'd do it all the time, we knew it, they knew we knew, now they say it out loud, so haha, easy evidence I'd say.

Bring them to court.
Ideally, I'd like to see them fall high from their horse into oblivion.
They need to get chipped.

Glassed Silver:mac

#17 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,383 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:02

This is long overdue.. set a jail sentence of 30 years for all government officials who take bribe and lobbyist money as it is really the equivalent of treason and working against your own country and people and is by no means a harsh punishment and see how corruption fades away.

Unless you criminally hit all of those scumbags in Washington they will continue doing it as they have nothing to be afraid of. Worst case scenario they will be kicked off their current position but since they'll get a job at one of these companies for them it's win win.

#18 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:07

a high % of upper gov would be found guilty imo. too high a % to do anything about as it would make the whole system fall. that to big to fail excuse would play again.

even if they limited the amount a congress/senate/pres could make, the lobyists would just pass the favors to friends and family the person selects. or somewhere they could collect once their term is over.

corruption will always be in government.

#19 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,892 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:25

This is long overdue.. set a jail sentence of 30 years for all government officials who take bribe and lobbyist money as it is really the equivalent of treason and working against your own country and people and is by no means a harsh punishment and see how corruption fades away.

Unless you criminally hit all of those scumbags in Washington they will continue doing it as they have nothing to be afraid of. Worst case scenario they will be kicked off their current position but since they'll get a job at one of these companies for them it's win win.

I love your idea, but i can't see any politician vote for a law like that
Because they would all get arrested on the spot once the law is in action :)

#20 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:42

it's dumb how the freaking govt keeps propping up these out-of-date and out-of-touch dinosaur companies and does not invest and prop up high tech industries.

there are 3rd world or almost 3rd world countries that have faster internet, more alternative energy development and use, and more high tech startups the the US does.

we just need to clean house. we need younger, more talented people in office that really care about the people and not their pocketbooks,

these old corrupt farts need to be rotting in jail or in a psychiatric nursing home instead of in DC!!!!

#21 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:52

[threads merged]

#22 Wolfbane

Wolfbane

Neowinian

• 866 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:39

How is this even a question? Paying a politician money ("lobbying") is bribery. End of story.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!