Anonymous to attack Facebook on January 28?

The following video was linked on my Google+ stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSQ3JIgIXE

Now, previous rumours about Anonymous attacking Facebook turned out to be hoaxes. This video however looks genuine, and gives detailed instructions as to what to do when.

Does any of you have any insights whether or not there is any truth behind the video?

If they expect us to get on their side; they need Hugo Weaving to deliver their messages, Morgan Freeman would do as well.

naahhh I like the channel 4 guy he funnt (if you have ever seen english comedine with me you would understand)

but seriously this again? even if it is true the groups so said "morals" contradict their actions.

Does any of you have any insights whether or not there is any truth behind the video?

Would be interesting to see if they can even pull this off. Facebook has tons of servers spread across the globe as well as some extremely advanced load balancers. I would take millions of machines in order to take down the entirety of Facebook with a simple DOS attack.

Would be interesting to see if they can even pull this off. Facebook has tons of servers spread across the globe as well as some extremely advanced load balancers. I would take millions of machines in order to take down the entirety of Facebook with a simple DOS attack.

True and Facebook has guys like Geohot working for them :laugh:

I stayed in the thread last time they attacked Facebook, so see how it was going. The attack kind of trickled down after they'd brought down 4-5 IP addresses and Facebook was still up and running.

They had huge trouble co-ordinating their efforts onto the next target, and it slowed down to such an extend that their previously hit targets started coming back online.

anonymous vs 60,000 servers ...

attack to begin jan 28 at 12am and everyone has to act all at the same time ... BUT WHAT TIME ZONE

:wacko:

Exactly what I was about to say

Anonymous, Occupy-whatever, and other neo-hippies can kiss my ass. Seriously, it seems like they are too ****ing blind to realize that they are nothing but a joke to the entire rest of the world.

Anonymous, Occupy-whatever, and other neo-hippies can kiss my ass. Seriously, it seems like they are too ****ing blind to realize that they are nothing but a joke to the entire rest of the world.

I personally like Anon, and Lulzsec when it was around. I didn't really see it as a joke, and I am part of this world.

I personally don't see what DDOSing a website for 30 minutes proves. Oh wow, they have a huge server farm at their disposal and can run LOIC. So impressive!

All this gets them is jail time and a criminal record which ruins their employment chances. Not very smart, in my book. :no:

How many DNS servers? With a 2 minute TTL on the records...

Believe it when I see it.

Wouldn't it have been more productive if they done it completely out of the blue.

Now they have announced it, won't the Facebook security be beefing things up?

As far as I am aware this is a hoax, Anonymous has already been asked why they don't attack facebook, twitter and youtube. The response, why would we attack the sites used to send out our message?

However on the flip side the gauntlet has been set. Some rogue Anonymous members may take this approach but until it is posted on the AnonOps pages it wont be done.

From what I've gathered by watching their IRC channels, they don't have any intent to attack Facebook. I've seen kids jump in there yelling, "KILL FACEBOOK!" and somebody usually just tells them to shut up and stay on topic. That could have been because they don't want to kill Facebook, or because they just wanted to focus on current ops. With a group with no designated or organized leadership, it's hard to say what the intent is, because anybody could claim to be Anonymous, and they'd be correct, because you don't have that spokesperson who decides what the group does or does not do.

You really say some stupid things bro. Like, catnip in a sauce can, why would you fondue that.

You really say some stupid things bro. Like, catnip in a sauce can, why would you fondue that.

What exactly is stupid about it? They are a 21st century version of 60s era hippies, out to "bring down the man". Problem is that in 40-50 years, they will be the very thing they are fighting against right now, just like most people who were hippies back in the day.

What exactly is stupid about it? They are a 21st century version of 60s era hippies, out to "bring down the man". Problem is that in 40-50 years, they will be the very thing they are fighting against right now, just like most people who were hippies back in the day.

Yup, I agree with you there. Plain and simple, they are hippies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwNseS_Sw47uqIc5azs_EQdG-7KV1FQYZytb503xL_8eYdx8ec34vX4cDMEw