What do you want from WP8?

One more thing.

REMOVE THOSE FREAKIN' Alphabets from the app list. They suck.

Don't remove them, of course. Just make an option to disable them

Removing the letters would make it harder to invoke the jumplist. Is your issue with it the space the letters take up? Perhaps take a visual que from ICS's multitasking window and have the letter off to the slide with a divider bar pointing towards the list. That way it gets the letter out of the list and still lets us invoke the jumplist.

Thoughts?

customization, better notification system, tabbed IE browser, seperate volume controls for music, ringer, apps.

seperate volume controls should have been in there from the beginning. many people wanted mango to get it since its been an issue since day one and MS ignored them.

tabbed IE browser

So you know, it has been a tabbed browser since launch. Granted, with Mango, they did hide the tabs button in the application bar (along with removing find on page and the forward button - all in the name of "simplifying" the UI), but it's still there.

You'll never get native code support.

Microsoft have been moving away from that for ages, and there is no way they will add it on their mobile platform.

They've been moving away from that for ages?

?so they never ported any critical part of Windows to .NET and are returning to native code (WinRT) in Windows 8. Hmm? somehow they haven't been moving away, did they?

Microsoft have been moving away from that for ages, and there is no way they will add it on their mobile platform.

?so they never ported any critical part of Windows to .NET and are returning to native code (WinRT) in Windows 8. Hmm? somehow they haven't been moving away, did they?

If the article on the front page is accurate and they are swapping out the core of WP with the core of Win8 then we may see the addition of some native code with Apollo.

If the article on the front page is accurate and they are swapping out the core of WP with the core of Win8 then we may see the addition of some native code with Apollo.

I know. I was trying to be sarcastic as articuno1au acted like Microsoft has been managed only for ages, whereas in fact about everything in Windows has been native no matter how often they advertised .NET?

WinRT applications are hardly using "native" code. For the most part, unless you're working directly with DirectX, you're either creating applications ontop of an updated version of .NET (C#, VB, XAML) from which you can call specific WinRT API's, or on top of Internet Explorer with Html & JS. They're certainly not going to a lot of effort to promote native code - infact they're going to great lengths to promote how much they think "HTML & JS" apps are great.

WinRT applications are hardly using "native" code. For the most part, unless you're working directly with DirectX, you're either creating applications ontop of an updated version of .NET (C#, VB, XAML) from which you can call specific WinRT API's, or on top of Internet Explorer with Html & JS. They're certainly not going to a lot of effort to promote native code - infact they're going to great lengths to promote how much they think "HTML & JS" apps are great.

Watch the keynote again, all WinRT classes are native? Furthermore it's already been proven, that parts of WinRT are simple wrappers around Win32?

Watch the keynote again, all WinRT classes are native? Furthermore it's already been proven, that parts of WinRT are simple wrappers around Win32?

Yes I've watched them all. That's what .NET does too for the most part :p. .NET wraps around Win32 in places, andi nfact, nearly everything maps between .NET and WinRT. Both their *frameworks* run natively on whatever system they're on - but they expose manage resources to the developer, and developers tend to build ontop of them using managed code. The native development access in WinRT is about the same as it is in .NET.

It is worth noting that WinRT technically *encapsulates* / "includes" .NET on Windows 8.

All I want is an end to confusing error codes like the c101b00b error i'm getting at the moment when trying to download an app.

Removing the letters would make it harder to invoke the jumplist. Is your issue with it the space the letters take up? Perhaps take a visual que from ICS's multitasking window and have the letter off to the slide with a divider bar pointing towards the list. That way it gets the letter out of the list and still lets us invoke the jumplist.

Thoughts?

Space is a concern, too, to some extent. I just really don't like them. There should be an option to disable them. Those who like it, shall kepp it.

And yes, the que from ICS might be good too

+1 for DLNA.

I'd love to see improved voice recognition. Sometimes it's flawless and other times it just goes full retard and does stupid stuff :\

I'd also like to see the API for bluetooth exposed to developers.

EDIT:: @ Shane: http://windowsphoneh...elease-12-12-11

Microsoft is already working on a more conversational based TellMe system for Windows Phone 8.

Moving away from? No I don't think so. The existing Win32 API has basically been C/C++ only from the beginning, with "somewhat more difficult than necessary" access provided to it in .NET, and other non-C++ languages.

If anything WinRT is more of a move away from C++/C than anything, since it allows much simpler native API access from practically any language. HTML/JS, C# and VB to name a few, in addition to C++ and C.

Yep, HTML 5/JS both clearly native. DirectX native. C# native.

They are moving away. Not moved away, moving. You also clearly haven't read what WinRT actually is..

I know. I was trying to be sarcastic as articuno1au acted like Microsoft has been managed only for ages, whereas in fact about everything in Windows has been native no matter how often they advertised .NET?

Rubbish. Tons of stuff is .net enabled. You just see less of it given each version of Windows leads to higher framework packs so you don't get the notifier for it anymore.

The things that aren't .net are generally due to requiring really high performance or cross platform compatibility. To say nothing is running .net is absurd.

This.

All I want is an end to confusing error codes like the c101b00b error i'm getting at the moment when trying to download an app.

I believe this can be resolved by signing yourself out of your profile entirely, then signing back in.

I do however like that the error code has b00b in it ;)

Microsoft is already working on a more conversational based TellMe system for Windows Phone 8.

Yeah, I've seen this. Looks promising.

It's not really what I was talking about though; I'll say "Ring Rhiannon Mobile" and it will work fine 3 times in a row. Then the 4th -> 20th says "Cannot find that contact in your contact list". All the while I'm getting more and more frustrated. I restart my phone and it just works again D:

I kinda think me being Australian is hurting it, but I'm not sure >.<

More customization options.

Bluetooth file transfer

External memory card support

wallpapers

One more thing.

REMOVE THOSE FREAKIN' Alphabets from the app list. They suck.

Don't remove them, of course. Just make an option to disable them

but the alphabets are super helpful IMO

Are you guys aware of the Windows Phone Uservoice website?? its official by Microsoft and the Windows Phone Development team.

Go and register here:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Look for the feature you wish and vote for it, if already exist. If it doesn't exist create it and asks others to vote.

Enjoy

• Like 2