F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

Good lord what the hell is going on at McLaren, this year has been a complete waste.

Most definitely!

So glad Hamilton has moved, his talent is so great and McLaren haven't came through for him. For such a prestigious team they just haven't been able to deliver since 2008.

Hamilton should be at least double world champ by now. Red Bull show what can be done with great driver and team combination.

I hope Mercedes works out for Hamilton

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what Hamilton can do with Ross Brawn, hopefully Jenson can shape McLaren to his needs and he will be in a better place for 2013.

*edit*

wat........... no further action for Webber hitting two people, if that was Hamilton, Grosjean or Maldonado they would have got a drivethrough.

Mclaren are going downhill lately, not exactly sure why. Don't think they know either.

What an exciting race, if it finished as-is, Vettel would lead the WDC by 1 point! A few laps ago it would've been Alonso who would lead!

Surely Webber will move over for Vettel? Since Vettel is fighting for the WDC.

Thrilling race so far! Brilliant action under the lights in Abu Dhabi!

Kimi on the radio is just brilliant. Imagine if Kimi was still @ Ferrari.

Ferrari: ?Fernando is faster than you?

Kimi: ?So what, f*** off, I?m busy!? #BBCF1 #SkyF1

Love Kimi on the radio, very happy for him, well deserved win.

Hahahah, ".........tell us your emotions at this moment.", "not much really.......", what a legend.

Vettel arrogant little ****, I hope Fernando or Kimi win the championship, can't stand Vettel.

Great race, frustrated with how much luck Vettel is getting at the moment though. Also frustrated with McLaren, far too many screwups this season.

unbelievable drive from vettel.... i thought he might do what hami did in barcelona and finish 8th, but 3rd is more than anyone could have asked for. he is clearly the best driver out there and has shown why he should win his 3rd title.

mediocre performance from alonso, he has by far the best car and incredibly reliability (even more reliable than in 2005 or 2006) still he doesnt score the points needed.

reject of the race: again, mark webber. this guy is a complete joke and fights more against vettel than against alonso. imagine redbull having to rely on him for the title - they could as well just close down business :rofl:

happy for raikkonen. with a bit more budget lotus would be still in the title fight.

The safety cars and retirements helped Vettel a great deal, and unlike Barcelona you can overtake at Abu Dhabi. I don't think the drive was any better than the drive Lewis put in, he just had a combination of a fast car and a whole heap of good luck.

The safety cars and retirements helped Vettel a great deal, and unlike Barcelona you can overtake at Abu Dhabi. I don't think the drive was any better than the drive Lewis put in, he just had a combination of a fast car and a whole heap of good luck.

yes, and his good luck started with the penalty yesterday.... i bet everything that he would have prefered an normal not lucky race starting from p3.

if you want to say someone is lucky its alonso all year along....

In the 25 years i've been closely following F1 i haven't seen a lucky ****** like Vettel.

2 idiot moves in the first part of the race. First bumping in to Senna, then hitting that foam sign.

His car was the only car on track retrimmed for race skipping the parc ferm?. He had 2 safetycars helping him for a total of 55 seconds and the only cars he had to pass stepped aside for the all mighty redbull car.

The only move he pulled off was the one on Button.

This kid doesn't deserve to be a champion. What the hell was he shouting over the radio when he hit that foam sign.... " he keeps braking all the time" .... offcourse he was .... he needs to keep his brakes up to temperature.

There were 3 real drivers for me in this race and that was Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen. Loved Kimi's response on the radio "Leave me alone, i know what to do".

unbelievable drive from vettel.... i thought he might do what hami did in barcelona and finish 8th, but 3rd is more than anyone could have asked for. he is clearly the best driver out there and has shown why he should win his 3rd title.

Please. If it wasn't for safety car he would have been nowhere near the podium. He lacks the racecraft which is self evident the way he broke his wing, twice, then overtook OUTSIDE of the white lines. He is an arrogant little halfwit who needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

after reading so much **** here (which only gets topped in the political forum) i pray that alonso has to start the next race from the last place or the pitlane. then we will see who suckz in the race. and a little hint for all of you. it wont be vettel :)

mediocre performance from alonso, he has by far the best car and incredibly reliability (even more reliable than in 2005 or 2006) still he doesnt score the points needed.

Reliable, yes. Best car, are you kidding? I know you hate Alonso but come on.

It was easily the most eventful race of the season, though it did seem a bit like amateur hour on the track. Rosberg's crash was spectacular and the way both drivers walked away without issue after such a high speed crash is a testament to the safety of modern cars.

Vettel raced extremely well, though his driving was very sloppy in places (the early collision that damaged his wing and getting too close to the Toro Rosso). Webber's driving was simply shocking and his crash was karma. Hamilton raced well but was let down by the car yet again. Alonso did a good job and had a very clean race; it was a great result considering that the Ferraris aren't the best cars on the track.

I'm really looking forward to the race in the US, which will likely be a nail-biter.

Reliable, yes. Best car, are you kidding? I know you hate Alonso but come on.

best car means he might have not the fastest car in most of the races but he nearly always enjoyed the 2nd fastest car (once mclaren was ahead, another time redbull, once even williams and today renault) with the - again - by FAR best reliability ever seen in f1. let me go through it to prove my point: senna in 1988? no. prost in 1989? no. senna in 1990 or 1991? no. mansell in 1992? no. prost in 1993 no. schuey in 94 or 95 not at all, hill in 96 nowhere close, villeneuve in 97? nope, hakkinen in 98 or 99? i wished! schuey in 00-04? close but NO; alonso himself in 05 or 06? nope. raikkonen in 2007? not at all. hamilton in 08? no. button in 09? nearly but no. vettel in 10 no otherwise he would have been wdc with 3 races to go. in 11? close but no.

dont claim its because im not alonsos biggest supporter here. i just state the facts. ok, we still have 2 races to go and if alonso dnfs in one of the next it looks different but so far he has enjoyed the best car with amazing reliability. period.

after reading so much **** here (which only gets topped in the political forum) i pray that alonso has to start the next race from the last place or the pitlane. then we will see who suckz in the race. and a little hint for all of you. it wont be vettel :)

I can't stand Alonso either, I think he is an arrogant asshat but I do think he is one of the strongest drivers on the grid, he has wrestled that pig of a Ferrari from the start of the season and is in contention for championship.

The only reason Vettel is up there is because of Adrian Neweys car, put him in a McLaren or Ferrari and see where he ends up.