Photo

F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

official formula 1 2012 championship season 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1148 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2012 Thread (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#991 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,436 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:54

If Alonso wins the championship I will give everyone in this thread some Ferrari cake.

#992 ybrett23

ybrett23

Neowinian

• 618 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:33

well, glad to see the stewards made the right decision,

#993 Kerm

Kerm

Neowinian Senior

• 8,244 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:40

Why don't the drivers and team just admit that they are low on fuel and have made a mistake, instead of pleading innocence and pretending they don't know why the car was stopped?

"We've cocked up and slightly under fueled the car" is so much simpler than blaming Renault or anonymous engineers etc.

#994 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:45

Would you voluntarily give out that information if it meant you would get an automatic disqualification?

Though I think if you go down the route of not giving the whole story the punishment should be more severe.

#995 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

• 1,998 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 20:47

If Alonso wins the championship I will give everyone in this thread some Ferrari cake.

Bookmarked.

#996 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 803 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:12

I posted earlier that I thought it was because of low fuel. Had a feeling that was the case. See it so much the last few years.

And yeah, they don't wanna say that's why, because its auto disqualification. Although, I very much doubt they'd ever get away with it, even if they do blame an engine problem, the FIA needs the fuel sample from the car. So they are going to find out at some point that they didn't have enough fuel.
I've heard that they can tip the cars/open injectors etc and get the fuel out for the required sample, however I think that's only after a race. They couldn't do that between quali and the race as the car is in parc ferme.

#997 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,936 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:52

A bad mistake from Red Bull at a critical moment, it would be unfortunate if something like this ends up deciding the championship but as much as I despise Ferrari having a winner that isn't Red Bull would be great

#998 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

• 2,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:27

Abu Dhabi, only 8 laps so far and so much action. Lap 1 accident, I suppose one of the ForceIndia is going to get penalized? What do you guys think about the accident between HRT and Rosberg?

#999 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:32

For anyone watching the live commentary, it says that vettel made a mistake under safety car. That is not true, Ricciardo infront of him kept stepping on the brakes and Vettel had to swerve to miss him and hit a marker at the side of the track doing further damage to his wing.
He has just came into the pits and got a new wing.
I think Ricciardo should be penalised/warned about that, he was repeatedly doing it. Stepping on the brakes over and over, obviously trying to get brake temp up, but you just cant do that with a car so close behind. Not as violently as he was anyway

Abu Dhabi, only 8 laps so far and so much action. Lap 1 accident, I suppose one of the ForceIndia is going to get penalized? What do you guys think about the accident between HRT and Rosberg?

Racing incident, Karthikayen shouldn't have lifted where he did but I don't think that can be penalised. No fault on Rosebergs part, when Karthikayen lifted, the closing speed was so great that there was no way Rosberg could've avoided that with the gap they had between them.
If the HRT had an issue then I don't believe any action will be taken.

Live timing here: http://www.formula1....ing_popup.html#
Love watching on TV with live timing on laptop.

EDIT:
Hamilton is out. No engine power. Out on lap 21 :(
Bloody mclaren reliability :(

#1000 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:46

Good lord what the hell is going on at McLaren, this year has been a complete waste.

#1001 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:51

Good lord what the hell is going on at McLaren, this year has been a complete waste.

Most definitely!
So glad Hamilton has moved, his talent is so great and McLaren haven't came through for him. For such a prestigious team they just haven't been able to deliver since 2008.
Hamilton should be at least double world champ by now. Red Bull show what can be done with great driver and team combination.

I hope Mercedes works out for Hamilton

#1002 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:53

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what Hamilton can do with Ross Brawn, hopefully Jenson can shape McLaren to his needs and he will be in a better place for 2013.

*edit*

wat........... no further action for Webber hitting two people, if that was Hamilton, Grosjean or Maldonado they would have got a drivethrough.

#1003 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 803 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:00

Mclaren are going downhill lately, not exactly sure why. Don't think they know either.

What an exciting race, if it finished as-is, Vettel would lead the WDC by 1 point! A few laps ago it would've been Alonso who would lead!

Surely Webber will move over for Vettel? Since Vettel is fighting for the WDC.

#1004 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:21

This race has been a joke so far, this is F1 not bumper cars or destruction derby, they may have just handed vettel a podium.............

#1005 macmax

macmax

Windows Freak

• 2,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 14:25

Great driving and fight for the 5th place between Di Resta, Perez, Grojean. I wonder if that was a simple race accident or will it be investigated after the race.