Photo

F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

official formula 1 2012 championship season 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1148 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2012 Thread (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1021 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,669 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:38

Loved the amount of swearing going on from the drivers haha

#1022 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,017 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:43

mediocre performance from alonso, he has by far the best car and incredibly reliability (even more reliable than in 2005 or 2006) still he doesnt score the points needed.

Reliable, yes. Best car, are you kidding? I know you hate Alonso but come on.

#1023 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,646 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:53

It was easily the most eventful race of the season, though it did seem a bit like amateur hour on the track. Rosberg's crash was spectacular and the way both drivers walked away without issue after such a high speed crash is a testament to the safety of modern cars.

Vettel raced extremely well, though his driving was very sloppy in places (the early collision that damaged his wing and getting too close to the Toro Rosso). Webber's driving was simply shocking and his crash was karma. Hamilton raced well but was let down by the car yet again. Alonso did a good job and had a very clean race; it was a great result considering that the Ferraris aren't the best cars on the track.

I'm really looking forward to the race in the US, which will likely be a nail-biter.

#1024 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

devoted fan of the us-armed forces

• 3,220 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:53

Reliable, yes. Best car, are you kidding? I know you hate Alonso but come on.

best car means he might have not the fastest car in most of the races but he nearly always enjoyed the 2nd fastest car (once mclaren was ahead, another time redbull, once even williams and today renault) with the - again - by FAR best reliability ever seen in f1. let me go through it to prove my point: senna in 1988? no. prost in 1989? no. senna in 1990 or 1991? no. mansell in 1992? no. prost in 1993 no. schuey in 94 or 95 not at all, hill in 96 nowhere close, villeneuve in 97? nope, hakkinen in 98 or 99? i wished! schuey in 00-04? close but NO; alonso himself in 05 or 06? nope. raikkonen in 2007? not at all. hamilton in 08? no. button in 09? nearly but no. vettel in 10 no otherwise he would have been wdc with 3 races to go. in 11? close but no.

dont claim its because im not alonsos biggest supporter here. i just state the facts. ok, we still have 2 races to go and if alonso dnfs in one of the next it looks different but so far he has enjoyed the best car with amazing reliability. period.

#1025 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:52

after reading so much **** here (which only gets topped in the political forum) i pray that alonso has to start the next race from the last place or the pitlane. then we will see who suckz in the race. and a little hint for all of you. it wont be vettel :)

I can't stand Alonso either, I think he is an arrogant asshat but I do think he is one of the strongest drivers on the grid, he has wrestled that pig of a Ferrari from the start of the season and is in contention for championship.

The only reason Vettel is up there is because of Adrian Neweys car, put him in a McLaren or Ferrari and see where he ends up.

#1026 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

• 3,220 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:55

I can't stand Alonso either, I think he is an arrogant asshat but I do think he is one of the strongest drivers on the grid, he has wrestled that pig of a Ferrari from the start of the season and is in contention for championship.

The only reason Vettel is up there is because of Adrian Neweys car, put him in a McLaren or Ferrari and see where he ends up.

the only reason alonso still has a shot is because, again, he has BY FAR and we go back to 1988 here(!!!) the most reliable car ever seen in a wdc challenge.....
thats a fact.

#1027 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 19:00

the only reason alonso still has a shot is because, again, he has BY FAR and we go back to 1988 here(!!!) the most reliable car ever seen in a wdc challenge.....
thats a fact.

Yes, the only reason he is in with a chance of the championship is because the car is reliable..................seriously?

It's not good having reliability if the performance just isn't there, he has consistently been racking up points with the pig of a car which is only just now coming in to its own. How do you explain Vettels points then with his less reliable car, it just blows your nonsense out of the water.

#1028 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

• 3,220 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:44

Yes, the only reason he is in with a chance of the championship is because the car is reliable..................seriously?

It's not good having reliability if the performance just isn't there, he has consistently been racking up points with the pig of a car which is only just now coming in to its own. How do you explain Vettels points then with his less reliable car, it just blows your nonsense out of the water.

no, of course the car is not only reliable but also super-quick. best allround car in 2012 for sure.

#1029 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,017 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:50

My Toyota is very reliable.. been running for over 10 years. I guess I should race it in F1 next year.

#1030 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,995 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:17

yes, and his good luck started with the penalty yesterday.... i bet everything that he would have prefered an normal not lucky race starting from p3.

if you want to say someone is lucky its alonso all year along....

Not really, it's evened itself out as the season has progressed.

#1031 OP +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,699 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:20

Kimi Räikkönen pit radio from yesterday's race.

[media][media]

Got to love the guy.

#1032 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

• 2,006 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 18:37

Easy enough to sum up the top 3 teams:

Fastest car this season? McLaren.
Car I'd most want to be driving? Red Bull.
Best driver? Alonso.

Hamilton and Vettel should be fighting for the title, but with McLaren's lack of reliability, Vettel should have it wrapped up by now. It's testament to just how good a driver Alonso is that he's still got a very good shout of winning the WDC.

#1033 ybrett23

ybrett23

Neowinian

• 620 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 19:48

In the 25 years i've been closely following F1 i haven't seen a lucky ****** like Vettel.
2 idiot moves in the first part of the race. First bumping in to Senna, then hitting that foam sign.

His car was the only car on track retrimmed for race skipping the parc fermé. He had 2 safetycars helping him for a total of 55 seconds and the only cars he had to pass stepped aside for the all mighty redbull car.
The only move he pulled off was the one on Button.

This kid doesn't deserve to be a champion. What the hell was he shouting over the radio when he hit that foam sign.... " he keeps braking all the time" .... offcourse he was .... he needs to keep his brakes up to temperature.

There were 3 real drivers for me in this race and that was Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen. Loved Kimi's response on the radio "Leave me alone, i know what to do".

i gotta agree with this,

and now after this weekend i can totally agree with the reasons for lewis going to mercedes, mclaren have really failed him this year! and i dont think they deserve to have him in there line up. i just hope the mercedes is a better car with lewis behind the wheel.

#1034 xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:17

Pos Driver Points 1 Sebastian Vettel 255 2 Fernando Alonso 245 3 Kimi Räikkönen 198 4 Mark Webber 167 5 Lewis Hamilton 165 6 Jenson Button 153 7 Felipe Massa 95 8 Nico Rosberg 93

The season is over. Vettel just needs to score 15 points in Austin to win the WDC.

#1035 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 22:34

The season is over. Vettel just needs to score 15 points in Austin to win the WDC.

Sorry but your math is slightly off. If Vettel only gets 15 points out of the last 2 races but Alonso gets 50 (theres a max of 50 points still left for grabs for 2 1st place finishes) then Alonso would win.