Photo

F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

official formula 1 2012 championship season 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1148 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2012 Thread (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1096 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• 1,101 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:10

LOL, so in case of green, yellow and yellow-red flag you can do what you want?
Well it doesn't matter now, but i wanted to post it to see opinions

Both us us were wrong;

http://www.crash.net..._was_legal.html

#1097 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,922 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 22:36

Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the world championship.

Ferrari are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso lost the title by three points to Vettel after finishing second for Ferrari and the German seventh.

Governing body the FIA refused to confirm whether it was investigating.

Red Bull could not be reached.

Source

I have a feeling the result probably won't be overturned but even more drama?

#1098 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

• 1,996 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 00:35

Good old Ferrari :rofl: I have to say, I struggled to see anything resembling a bloke with a green flag until I went on Youtube looking at the super slow-mo videos... and they're not convincing one way or the other.

I'd expect Vettel to keep the title, simply because turning it over more than 3 days after the race finished would cause a lot of bad feeling and press.

#1099 Javik

Javik

• 5,922 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 00:53

It's a hard one to call.

On the one hand it would cause a lot of ill feeling, but on the other they simply have to uphold the rules, even if the evidence that one was broken does come retrospectively. I'm with you I don't see the evidence being clear enough to prove that the rule was broken, so I will wait with baited breath to see how this one turns out.

#1100 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 803 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:22

Can someone update me on this?
I thought it was already confirmed by the marshals that Vettel didn't break any rules and overtake under an oil flag (steady yellow light). Brundle said that on Sky.

So how could Ferrari dispute anything if it was already confirmed Vettel did nothing wrong? :wacko:

#1101 Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09

this was so clear. i have said it time and time again but will repeat it. alonso is the worst loser and probably worst character the f1 grid has ever seen. anyone knowing a bit about the flag/light situation would know that this is monaco 2010 with alonso/schumacher reversed. at that time schumi thought if the light shows green you can pass. see here:
Posted Image

but apparently waved flags overrule electric lights, therefore neither vettels electric yellow lights in the cockpit nor the electric lights on the track count as soon as a track marshall waves the green flag.

however with fia favoring ferrari all the time, you newer know. all over the year alonso has proven to be a horrible loser and couldnt accept being beaten in 2007, 2010 and now in 2012.
damn. i really hope redbull builds a car even better than theirs in 2011 and ferrari builds one with redbulls reliability of 2012 and their own pace of 2011.

#1102 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:12

Why do you rag on Alonso all the time, I don't really like the guy but he has done nothing wrong this year, it doesn't say Alonso is going to lodge a protest, it says Ferrari.

Give it a rest, christ.

#1103 Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19

Why do you rag on Alonso all the time, I don't really like the guy but he has done nothing wrong this year, it doesn't say Alonso is going to lodge a protest, it says Ferrari.

Give it a rest, christ.

why do i? because it tends to be true...

The 31-year-old Alonso, who was world champion in 2005 and 2006, is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA.

source: BBC

#1104 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:20

Alonso presiona a Ferrari para que recurra el título mundial de Vettel (ABS, Spanish)
This Spanish newspaper claims Ferrari communications director Luca Colajanni has said they will not attempt to have the results of the Brazilian Grand Prix changed.

You are letting your hatred blind you to the facts, Vettel is as much a **** as Alonso is.

#1105 Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25

using a spanish website, one of those who first tried to make out a case of vettels pass on kobayashi but after that was cleared it was under red-yellow now trying to find a 2nd "illegal pass" and using the old colajani quote for the 2nd....
you might try to sort the timeline out first.....

#1106 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28

This is all moot anyway, the FIA states that they will never change the result of a championship on technicalities like this. Ferrari have stated multiple times that they aren't going to lodge a protest, the media is whipping up a story where there isn't one.

You are just a ridiculous Vettel fanboy, I bet you drop him like a stone the year that the RBx car doesn't even come close to allowing Vettel to win championship. Typical glory hunter.

#1107 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,219 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30

This is all moot anyway, the FIA states that they will never change the result of a championship on technicalities like this. Ferrari have stated multiple times that they aren't going to lodge a protest, the media is whipping up a story where there isn't one.

Indeed. The stories of Ferrari lodging a protest are about as true as this story...

The Ferrari F1 team has announced that it is ‘evaluating’ whether to launch an official protest against Christmas.

‘Last December we became aware that a man travelled the world giving gifts to children whilst wearing a suit that made unauthorised use of the signature red and white Ferrari colours,’ said Maranello spokesman Paul Oozer. ‘Since then we have been carefully examining footage of this ‘Christmas’ event and, although we did not mention it at the time, we now believe we have a case against the gentleman who infringed our copyright, Mr Claus, which we can string out in as over-dramatic and pathetically childish a way as possible.’

If the Italian team decides to go ahead with its action against Father Christmas, it could have dire consequences for the jocular Laplander’s usual present distribution routine and indeed for Christmas itself. However, Ferrari believe they have a solution to this potential seasonal crisis; ‘As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event,’ said a spokesman. ‘Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2013 car was basically a bit of a turkey.’

As for the actual presents to be delivered to youngsters across the globe, Ferrari claim they would have a solution to that too. ‘What child would not want to receive a Ferrari-branded golfing glove or Ferrari-branded ice scraper?’ their spokesman asked. ‘Although of course in return the child would owe us 390 and 735 Euros respectively.’

Whilst Ferrari continue to deliberate on their next move, others are less than impressed with their potential plan to ruin Christmas. ‘For f**k's sake, can’t they just drop it and move on,’ said the rest of the world, yesterday.

#1108 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,722 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23

Looks like they're seeking "clarification"
Which means they're testing the water first to see if it is worth appealing it.
I don't think anything will come of this. Stewards have already stated that the move was legal and it has been explained countless times.
Also i doubt very much Alonso would want to win his third world title in this fashion.

http://www1.skysport...Vettel-overtake

#1109 Javik

Javik

• 5,922 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:33

source: BBC

If the rules were broken he has every right to complain about it.

#1110 Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 13:01

If the rules were broken he has every right to complain about it.

problem is, that as i have proven with my picture and difference between flags and electric lights, there was no rule broken at all. all these twitter lines from alonso and rumors in the spanish press have just the same goal as what ferrari and alonso did in the last races. to destabilize vettel and undermine his achievements. very poor!

meanwhile fia confirmed that vettel did nothing wrong :)