F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

Ferrari accepts FIA view on Vettel dispute

Ferrari say they consider the dispute over Sebastian Vettel?s driving in the Brazilian Grand Prix ?closed?.

?Ferrari duly takes note of the reply sent by the FIA this morning and therefore considers the matter now closed,? the team said in a statement on Friday.

?The request for a clarification from the FIA, regarding Vettel?s passing move on Vergne, came about through the need to shed light on the circumstances of the move, which came out on the Internet only a few days after the race,? said the team.

?The letter to the FIA was in no way intended to undermine the legality of the race result. We received tens of thousands of queries relating to this matter from all over the world and it was incumbent on us to take the matter further, asking the Federation to look into an incident that could have cast a shadow over the championship in the eyes of all Formula 1 enthusiasts, not just Ferrari fans.?

Source: F1 Fanatic

Case closed. Can we move on now?

to all the alonso lovers above, yesterday he was showing his true face again, celebrating prematurely his 3rd title on twitter. no joke! spanish newspaper picked it up and someone has got a screenshot of the now deleted tweet.

alonso-tweet--647x231.jpg

Translation: "Not as sweet as winning on the circuit, but justice has been done and I am F1 World Champion for the 3rd time. Thank you!"

source: autosport forum and http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/rc/20121129/deportes/motor/mensaje-fugaz-publicado-desde-201211291642.html

guy on autosport claims that there are retweets "#FelicidadesAlonso3" so it cant be just a screenshot done via photoshop afaik. if true, then the tweet was deffo there before getting deleted.

Funny how you pick a single stat out of all that long list, and ignore every other one that supports Alonso :) I'll do the same with your comment on how "the ferrari topspeed is superior to everyone especially lotus":

Here's China's qually speed traps. Notice how Raikkonen is 3rd and Grosjean 5th? They were driving Lotuses. Alonso it bottom of the list, and Massa doesn't even make it. Red Bull also beat Ferrari here:

1vXkG

And maybe that was just bad luck - let's try Spain:

1vXmq

Oops. Guess not.

I'm on my lunch right now, so I don't have time to go dig out any more speed trap comparisons, but these were the first 2 I came across on Google, both saying that Lotus were pretty strong on top speed, and Red Bull had Ferrari covered for it too.

Fancy trying to find another stat where Vettel was beaten on the car performance by the Ferrari?

Unsafe release is supposed to be a drive through penalty and Massa got off with a warning.

so did alonso in bahrain this year. its usually just a warning or monetary fine.

on the other hand: be sure, if it had been vettel he would have gotten at least a 10second penalty, probably even a DQ. :)

Yeah the whole world is out to get poor old Vettel, he never does anything wrong......

i did not say this. but for example rosberg could force hami, alonso and maybe another driver off track in bahrain without getting a penalty, while vettel in monza did just what alonso did to him the year before, then even gave the place to prevent a penalty but still got a penalty.

it just lacks consistency.

There's a difference between taking the racing line and the other guy running off the road or running into them, and purposely forcing someone off the road, you see the way Vettel drives, he races and overtakes outside of the track and goes flying up the inside of people because he has the fastest car on the track and he doesn't get penalties for that, so less whining.

i have no clue at all what you are talking about mate. in abu dhabi he had to move back behind grosjean because he past offtrack and in hockenheim he got a penalty against button.

but lets finish this now. the right guy won the championship and since today 30th november its officially confirmed anyway :)

"Frankly, I'm not that interested in what the opinion is of me in Germany or elsewhere," Alonso said.

"What I know is that people who see me in the streets hug me and call me gladiator or samurai."

source

a bit like bush being happy with the iraq war, because a women with tears in her eyes called him "liberator".

source

a bit like bush being happy with the iraq war, because a women with tears in her eyes called him "liberator".

Seriously mate, you have a hatred for this man that I find very disturbing, everything he says and does you berate him or you call it luck when he does well. Where as when another person does well it's skill and talent. It's rather sad you have to do this all the time.

Walk a mile in his shoes and see how difficult it is.

He's just a guy trying to do his job to the best of his abilities like everyone else. Also like every sports person they need to inflate their own ego, however nine times out of ten they have their own insecurities which they mask by talking themselves up all the time. They all do it, even Vettel. :o

source

Yeah because driving an F1 car is exactly like invading a country ending up with tens if not hundreds of thousands of non-combatant casualties on both sides.......right?

You might be the lucky person to be the first on my ignore list, your blind hatred clouds your judgement.

I am glad they didn't punish vettel for passing under yellow light. F1's image is already bad now. They don't need more bad publicity.

If they were going to punish him, they should have done it the moment he passed under yellow flag.

Personally I am indifferent because neither alonso or vettel are my favourites but changing who won the championship would have been a huge blow in F1's face.

People need to be reminded this is a show after all. Viewers want to see something entertaining, not drama.

Seriously mate, you have a hatred for this man that I find very disturbing, everything he says and does you berate him or you call it luck when he does well. Where as when another person does well it's skill and talent. It's rather sad you have to do this all the time.

Walk a mile in his shoes and see how difficult it is.

He's just a guy trying to do his job to the best of his abilities like everyone else. Also like every sports person they need to inflate their own ego, however nine times out of ten they have their own insecurities which they mask by talking themselves up all the time. They all do it, even Vettel. :o

well people here are fascinating... there are 2 things i always get criticism for: thats my praise for mitt romney and my critics of fernando alonso. whatever i do, people just wont be happy. :rolleyes:

well people here are fascinating... there are 2 things i always get criticism for: thats my praise for mitt romney and my critics of fernando alonso. whatever i do, people just wont be happy. :rolleyes:

Because in both circumstances, it's always blind hatred. You ignore the facts and just shout your opinions (like Fox News). Don't you ever wonder why you get so much shtick in the political section?

No, mainly because you make trolling posts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...