Twitter for WP7

Is there a Twitter app for Windows Phone 7 that is at least SIMILAR to the one from Blackberry/iPhone/Android? The Twitter official app for WP7 is extremely lacking so much so I find it almost unusable. My biggest gripe is that typing "@" then beginning a persons name does not autocomplete it.

I mainly use Birdsong (Browsing my timeline) or the integrated Twitter in the Me tile (for posting and @replies). Neither autocomplete @ names though.

Is there a Twitter app for Windows Phone 7 that is at least SIMILAR to the one from Blackberry/iPhone/Android? The Twitter official app for WP7 is extremely lacking so much so I find it almost unusable. My biggest gripe is that typing "@" then beginning a persons name does not autocomplete it.

Why would you need a client on Windows Phone for autocompletion of usernames? The integration in the People hub allows you to mention anyone you follow, and it's easy and quick to search for a contact, and the integration in the Me hub allows you to reply to anyone who has mentioned you.

• Like 2

God, that IS annoying... It's about time for an update I think.

Why would you need a client on Windows Phone for autocompletion of usernames? The integration in the People hub allows you to mention anyone you follow, and it's easy and quick to search for a contact, and the integration in the Me hub allows you to reply to anyone who has mentioned you.

How do you do that? Most of the people that I follow are not in my People hub, so I've had a hard time finding ways to Twitter people like that... I must be missing something? lol

there's also no "reply all" function so when I reply to a Tweet that includes multiple people, it only tags the first person and I have to go and add the others (or am I stupid?)

How do you do that? Most of the people that I follow are not in my People hub, so I've had a hard time finding ways to Twitter people like that... I must be missing something? lol

Your Twitter contacts should definitely show up in your People hub if you search. You can make sure you don't have them filtered out of display though (Settings > People and click on the "filter my contact list" button).

I agree, the People Hub on the phone would be your best bet. It's because of this that I stopped using the Facebook and Twitter apps all together. There's no need for them, really.

• Like 2

Your Twitter contacts should definitely show up in your People hub if you search. You can make sure you don't have them filtered out of display though (Settings > People and click on the "filter my contact list" button).

Hm... Thanks. I'll take a look. :)

Because I don't add random Twitter accounts to my main contacts list. Every other platform has autocompletion for a reason. It's not exactly much to ask for.

If Rowi were to be more optimized, it would be the best twitter client out there.

But for now, I just use Tweeterlight when I'm not on WP7's integrated twitter services :)

Because I don't add random Twitter accounts to my main contacts list. Every other platform has autocompletion for a reason. It's not exactly much to ask for.

Windows Phone provides all of those features even if someone filters out Twitter contacts from their contact list. Windows Phone even allows the user to search for a Twitter contact in the People hub even if that user has filtered out Twitter contacts from the contact list.

Autocompletion might not be much to ask for, but it isn't an important feature at all to many of us, due to the fact Windows Phone's implementation of Twitter ensures autocompletion isn't needed. There will be features that are understandably higher on the 'to do' list for Microsoft. They haven't even implemented support for offline Facebook messages in the Messaging hub yet, despite the fact Facebook merged Chat and Messages in November 2010.

Once I linked my Twitter account to Windows Phone, all of my Twitter contacts were just synced to the People hub, and contacts I'd already synced from Facebook were automatically linked to the appropriate Twitter account. You could check the 'filter my contact list' settings in the 'people' part of the Settings hub, if they're not showing and you'd like them to show; however, I have set the People hub to filter out Twitter contacts, and I'm still able to search for any Twitter profile I follow, view their profile, mention them, and commit other acts.

I'll try to have a think about what you might be missing. Is your Twitter account definitely linked to Windows Phone without error (the 'email + accounts' section will inform you if there's an error), and are you able to check whether you've allowed Windows Phone to access your account (on the Twitter website)?

Once I linked my Twitter account to Windows Phone, all of my Twitter contacts were just synced to the People hub, and contacts I'd already synced from Facebook were automatically linked to the appropriate Twitter account. You could check the 'filter my contact list' settings in the 'people' part of the Settings hub, if they're not showing and you'd like them to show; however, I have set the People hub to filter out Twitter contacts, and I'm still able to search for any Twitter profile I follow, view their profile, mention them, and commit other acts. I'll try to have a think about what you might be missing. Is your Twitter account definitely linked to Windows Phone without error (the 'email + accounts' section will inform you if there's an error), and are you able to check whether you've allowed Windows Phone to access your account (on the Twitter website)?

Hm... I'll take a look at that.

Honestly though, I think autocomplete is a very basic feature for an app like Twitter. I don't see how it could be considered "low priority"... No one would be interested in an e-mail client that couldn't autocomplete from your address book...

Windows Phone provides all of those features even if someone filters out Twitter contacts from their contact list. Windows Phone even allows the user to search for a Twitter contact in the People hub even if that user has filtered out Twitter contacts from the contact list.

Autocompletion might not be much to ask for, but it isn't an important feature at all to many of us, due to the fact Windows Phone's implementation of Twitter ensures autocompletion isn't needed. There will be features that are understandably higher on the 'to do' list for Microsoft. They haven't even implemented support for offline Facebook messages in the Messaging hub yet, despite the fact Facebook merged Chat and Messages in November 2010.

whatever, I just realised who I replied to with that original post.

whatever, I just realised who I replied to with that original post.

What do you mean? That sounds somewhat rude and as if you hold an incorrectly-judged view, to me. . . .

Honestly though, I think autocomplete is a very basic feature for an app like Twitter. I don't see how it could be considered "low priority"... No one would be interested in an e-mail client that couldn't autocomplete from your address book...

I was just speculating as to why Microsoft may not have implemented it yet, as there must be a reason :) I believe autocomplete for their Twitter integration isn't important, due to us being able to easily search for a contact in the People hub and click the "mention" link, but you make a great point when you compare it to autocomplete for composing emails (the same is the case with text messages).