VLC Media Player 2.0 RC 1 available now

Port to Android, iOS, OS/2 and Win64

Yes! :woot:

you mean this version as a whole, because even though the development in iOS is slower, there is a version already released

Come now... while I agree that most, if not all people won't notice a difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions on a 64 bit CPU, your statement is somewhat false. The 32 bit version works substantially differently given the it runs through the WoW64 emulator.

Anyhow, we're planning a rollout of VLC at work. Any idea when we can expect 2.0 final? Or should I just go ahead and rollout the current 1.x version for now?

Thats a huge exaggeration. wow64 isn't even technically an emulator, and it has no "real world" performance loss.

Does hardware acceleration work for you with the x64 nightlies? Insta-crash for me when I try to play any file with the option enabled.

Same here

This is the upcoming new VLC 2 final design for windows.

2h3xyes.jpg

Nah, just kidding, it's a quick mock up i made and i think that vlc will look better this way (i know it looks like quick time x but again it looks nice). :)

• Like 3

Does hardware acceleration work for you with the x64 nightlies? Insta-crash for me when I try to play any file with the option enabled.

I had to check... No but I don't use hardware acceleration. But yes, it doesn't work in the nightlies.

snip.

Nah, just kidding, it's a quick mock up i made and i think that vlc will look better this way (i know it looks like quick time x but again it looks nice). :)

That would be nice indeed, I hope you finish it and make it public :)

2h3xyes.jpg

You got me excited........ :laugh:

Seriously the only thing i dont like about VLC is its icon and UI.