These are some of the reasons I personally jailbreak my iOS device:
3G Unrestrictor allows you to go around the iPhone's limitations and restrictions of not being able to use some applications like FaceTime, high quality YouTube videos or big app and iTunes store downloads while on a mobile internet connection like 3G or EDGE as well as many other things. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on Wi-Fi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE.
It allows you while on 3G/EDGE/GRPS:
- Make and receive FaceTime calls!
- Watch high quality YouTube videos and the ability to choose between low, medium and high quality
- Download apps bigger than 20MB from the AppStore
- Download music, TV shows and podcasts bigger than 20MB from the iTunes Store
- Play online games, which usually only work on WiFi, like Order and Chaos or Modern Combat
- And much, much more since 3G Unrestrictor works with almost all apps 3rd party apps that restrict you in any way on 3G like for example Audible!
AdBlocker is an easy to use and powerful tool, similar to extensions for your desktop browser. It blocks ads in Safari and other apps which are using browser-like views (UIWebView). If an app is using UIWebViews to display content (other browsers like Skyfire, browser in a Twitter client etc.) AdBlocker will block ads from being loaded and tries to optimize the space.
- will reduce your data usage and often speed up loading of pages; extremely useful if you have a limited cellular data plan – it will save you money!
- is very fast, regex-based tool and can handle lists with thousands of entries without noticable slowing down the apps. Lists for 17 languages are build in, but you can easily add custom lists. Just google ‘adblock lists’ to find urls.
- is designed to block ads in webcontent like websites and not advertisement in ad-supported apps.
Activator allows you to assign gestures to launch specific applications installed from Cydia.
First, you choose where you'd like to access whatever it is you want to do:
- At Home Screen
- In Application
- At Lock Screen
- Double Press/Short Hold/Single Press/Triple Press of Home Button
- Shake the device
- When the device receives A/C power/stops receiving A/C power
- Double Press/Short Hold the Sleep Button
- A slide in gesture (e.g. from bottom of screen, from right of screen)
- Double Tap/Hold/Single Tap/Swipe Left/Swipe Right the Status Bar
- Down Short Hold/Press Both of Volume Buttons
- Change iPod controls (e.g. play next track) by shortly pressing and holding the Sleep Button
- Lock the device by a Triple Press of the Home Button
- Launch the Safari browser by swiping from the bottom of the screen
AppStore Update Size
Shows the size of the updates in the App Store next to the update entry.
- Mirrors screen on connected monitor, projector or television
- Detects orientation and connectivity
- Supports game and video content
- Customizable zoom & aspect ratio
iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 and iPod touch fourth generation:
- Official HDMI adapter + iOS4.3 (best)
- Official VGA cable (better)
- Official component cable (good)
- Official composite cable (okay)
- Official component cable (better)
- Official composite cable (okay)
From repo./source: http://hitoriblog.com/apt/
The tweak will not change any hardware setting, but rather alters the UI animation speeds so that transitions and other animations will occur shorter or longer, whichever you prefer.This can give the feeling of a perkier device or you can also slow the animations down to see the splendor of CoreAnimation.
Five Icon Dock
Five Icon Switcher
Five icon App Switcher.
Quick and easy icon renaming from the SpringBoard/Home Screen. Simply tap and hold to enter jiggle/edit mode, then tap the icon you want to rename. There are no new icons added to your home screen, and no options to configure.
Remove notifications from the lock screen by sliding them to the left (as if you were to open them) and then sliding them back to the left.
PageNames allows you to ‘name’ your SpringBoard/Home Screeb pages to whatever you want.
PasswordPilot automatically inserts your App Store password when downloading or updating apps from the App Store. Set your password from the Settings.app (passwords are not stored in plain text to limit security risks).
Use it at your own risk. If anyone gets access to your device, he could purchase apps without your consent.
Want to quick-search something on Google? Just choose an Activator method (e.g. Double Tap on Status Bar or swipe from the bottom of the screen) and one Alert View will pop up with one Text Field where you input your search. Quickly Safari will be opened, with your Google Search results! Also will open any valid URL. No new icons are added to your homescreen. Configure the Activator method for this alert from your Settings app.
Allows you to swipe the status bar and perform actions such as quickly adjusting the brightness, restarting the phone etc.
SBSettings also allows you to add the date to and remove the carrier name from the status bar etc., hide any app icons (e.g. Stocks)
- Adds native rotation to the iPhone/iPod and give you a rotating SpringBoard/Home Screen.
- Can also rotate some non-rotating apps like Settings, YouTube, Phone and more.
- Offers different icon layouts for each orientation. e.g. it lets you have 4x4 icons in portrait but 3x6 or 2x8 in landscape.
- Also rotates the App Switcher (multitasking bar) to match the SpringBoard's orientation.
Siri Mic Colors
From repo./source: http://repo.technetec.com
Siri Mic Colors allows you to change the Siri mic icon that appears when you activate Siri. For example, you can change the Siri mic icon to a green icon, a yellow icon, a red icon etc. it can also change the icon color to the tone of your voice; making almost a rainbow effect.
Assign any Activator event (e.g. Double Tap the Power Button from anywhere) to enable the LED torch for a bright LED flash light.
User Agent Faker
Makes websites think you're using, for example a PC, so websites don't display the mobile versions. Also install UAFaker SB Settings for SBSettings which allows you to turn User Agent Faker on and off on the fly.