multiplatform aliens coloonial marines

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,214 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:30

Is that Doom 3's engine? At least the aliens look good.

#17 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,720 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:08

The game play just looks "same old same old". After watching the 1st trailer I somehow expected more

Such as? Example to back up claim, helps.

From all the trailers & gameplay, it looks to be a heavily scripited FPS using the Aliens franchise. I hate to make the reference to Call Of Duty, but I'd at least hope the game design here is more competent, even it is just a dull combination of linear shooty bits & quicktime actions.

#18 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:49

Is that Doom 3's engine? At least the aliens look good.

It's a modified version of Unreal Engine 3 called Red Ring engine.

#19 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,214 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 13:47

It's a modified version of Unreal Engine 3 called Red Ring engine.

It looks pretty dated, guess they only focused on the consoles.

#20 Jase

Jase

It's like..Kablammo!

• 9,843 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 14:05

Is this game going to be available on steam?

#21 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,304 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34

Is this game going to be available on steam?

Yup.

Thanks to Sega, today we unveil the minimum and recommended PC system requirements for Gearbox Software’s upcoming sci-fi shooter. Be sure to check them out bellow:

Minimum Specs: Operating System: Windows XP SP3. Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor. RAM: 2GB RAM (XP),2GB RAM (Vista). HD: 20GB free hard disk space. Optical Drive: DVD. Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible. Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8500/ATI Radeon HD 2600 (256 minimum).

Recommended Specs: Operating System: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7. Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Quad CoreProcessor. RAM: 2GB RAM. HD: 20GB free hard disk space. Optical Drive: DVD. Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible. VideoCard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX560/ATI Radeon HD 5850 (512 minimum).

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only).

Additionally, we can reveal that Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available for pre-purchase on Steam from Monday, January 14th at the game’s Store Page: http://store.steampo....com/app/49540/

#22 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,304 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 20:55

Well just a few days away. I can't wait.

#23 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 21:22

Yup, a few days away from seeing how awesome or how bad this game really is :p I hope its the former.

#24 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:37

Yup, a few days away from seeing how awesome or how bad this game really is :p I hope its the former.

I like what I saw so far from the gameplay lol. I don't think it would be a fail. lol.

#25 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:55

:laugh:

#26 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,464 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:05

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=8dPF8jpItCs

:laugh:

ROFL, it's funny because it's true. -75% Steam sale content.

#27 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,710 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:13

Sadly saw a couple other reviews saying more or less the same thing... wait for a bargain bin sale, otherwise don't bother. Pity, was looking forward to this one.

#28 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:16

Well, I'm picking mine up during lunch for ps3. I'm hoping that trailer posted above was on easy mode :p

Sadly saw a couple other reviews saying more or less the same thing... wait for a bargain bin sale, otherwise don't bother. Pity, was looking forward to this one.

I'm not really getting it for story though. Multiplayer is where this game should hopefully shine.

#29 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,944 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:36

I am really enjoying the game so far. I'm not a graphics ######, so the UE3 based engine it uses it fine with me. I think the lighting and shadows look pretty good (and I would hope so for an Aliens game). The Xeno AI he showed in his video? Those are the basic soldier Xenos, they don't have much AI, Gearbox has said that time and again they literally just swarm you or run up to you. Big deal. I'm only about 45 minutes into the SP, and it seems pretty OK so far. I wasn't expecting some super awesome plot and ground breaking stuff here, don't know why anyone else was. The MP is also quite fun, I especially enjoy the Xeno stuff, though the whole Aliens "vision" stuff could be toned down a bit imo.

Whatever, everyone is entitled to their own opinions obviously. This guy can hate the game, and I can enjoy it for what it is.

#30 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:56

After a good hour of playing this game, single player only, I'm enjoying it. On the PS3, it looks pretty good. I haven't seen any muddy textures yet that stand out or make anything bad. Also, that video above is on easy mode. I started on Hardcore mode, and the soldier xenos are tough as hell. They actually jump straight for you after a quick dodge, and I'm having to utilize my melee attack properly to ward them off. If you are playing this game on any setting other than Hardcore, you are only cheating yourself I'd say. I'm running low on ammo and health constantly so far.