Android Phone Speaker problem Help!

I just bough a new Android Phone entry level Samsung Dart 2.2 The speaker for hearing the person on the other end or voice mail will not work unless I have it on speaker phone. The phone worked fine the first week I had it. The phone is only 2 weeks old! I eve reset the phone to factory settings. Nothing will work. Please help.

I messed aroudn with all the volume and everything is turned up. Whats wrong?

I have no warrenty or anything.

Bought the phone at a local store. It worked so I threw the box and recept away. I guess it was stupid of me

If its already broken after 2 weeks than Samsung makes POS phones.

Since you bought it from a local store I'm not sure if this applies, but I'd see if you could possibly get a copy of your receipt from them and go through Samsung's warranty since you threw the box away already.

No company makes 100% perfectly-working electronics, so I never throw that stuff out right away (I probably keep boxes and receipts way longer than I should). You might have received a phone that somebody else returned for likely the same reason.

Well I inspected the package and it was un opened. Plus the phone worked fine the first week. I doubt they will have the recept i could try to see if they hvae it on my debit though.

Well I inspected the package and it was un opened. Plus the phone worked fine the first week. I doubt they will have the recept i could try to see if they hvae it on my debit though.

Well if you bought on debit card you could take along a copy of your statement as well. I also thought that all phone sales required to give your information over. Or is that just the UK being over cautious.

Well if you bought on debit card you could take along a copy of your statement as well. I also thought that all phone sales required to give your information over. Or is that just the UK being over cautious.

In the USA you can buy prepaid mobile phone service without giving your name or anything. I bough a prepaid smart phone mobile and then i put my sim card in it for my regular network.

In the USA you can buy prepaid mobile phone service without giving your name or anything. I bough a prepaid smart phone mobile and then i put my sim card in it for my regular network.

Ah okay, perfect tool for harassment then, not you but the system. Hopefully the store may recognise you and be able to help if they have details on their records.

Yea they have been used for harrassment and illegal activities. Your suppost to put in your information onilne after you buy the phone but if people use them for harrassment they just put fake stuff in the information and a local coffee shop or something using their wii fii.

I think in a few years they will change this though because of terrorism concerns suprised they havnt already.

So all of you guys think my phone is really broken :-(? i guess it is since i have reset everything to factory settings and still no sound from the incoming voice but only works on speaker phone. Strange how I can hear voice on speaker phone but not on regular speaker.

Yea they have been used for harrassment and illegal activities. Your suppost to put in your information onilne after you buy the phone but if people use them for harrassment they just put fake stuff in the information and a local coffee shop or something using their wii fii.

I think in a few years they will change this though because of terrorism concerns suprised they havnt already.

So all of you guys think my phone is really broken :-(? i guess it is since i have reset everything to factory settings and still no sound from the incoming voice but only works on speaker phone. Strange how I can hear voice on speaker phone but not on regular speaker.

Well the 'speaker phone' I believe uses a different speaker, (judging from this review it's based at the bottom of the phone http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Dart-Review_id2779 )so it would explain why you can hear from that but not from the normal one. You say you have done a factory reset so that rules out the chances that you have knocked down the 'in call volume'

Thanks for checking out the review as i could not find one that properly said it had 2 different speakers. I guess it is broken :-(

Yeah sorry to hear that, good luck with the shop and I hope they replace it. Given that the phone wasn't released until June 2011 it should still be under the 1 year manufacturers warranty. If you have no luck with the store contact Samsung direct as it clearly cannot be more than a year old yet.