Trojan found in 13 games on the official Android Market

If you don't think that this needs improving before it starts damaging android, then I'm speechless.

Never said that the Android Market does not need improving and was not commenting on that...or I would of quoted that part of what you said. I am commenting on the OP and voicing my opinion saying that these apps are not damaging and why Google has not removed them as of yet. And thats all this "issue" is at the moment...an opinion. Unless Symantec can prove malicious intent, or Lookout disproves it.

Use some common sense and you'll be fine folks.

Step one: don't install stuff that permissions don't make sense (premium Text services, voice calling, voice recording, gps, etc)

Step two: check ratings/reviews of the product

Step three: use a firewall to protect yourself/apps from accessing the network. Droidwall I recommend. Very easy to configure. If it can't get online then its not doing anything!

Other than that, every platform has flaws.

Everyone refers to Apples sandbox as perfect but reviewing this it seems it isn't perfect either:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/iphone_apps_banned_or_removed

imo you should call this a spyware. Cause by the look of it this is what it is.

Doesn't look like a trojan to me.

How is that any better?

Other than that, every platform has flaws.

Everyone refers to Apples sandbox as perfect but reviewing this it seems it isn't perfect either:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/iphone_apps_banned_or_removed

Objectionable content aside, there is no malware in that list. A better comparison would probably be the WP marketplace as they don't exactly follow as many "ethics" as Apple do.

No according to that it's most definitiely a trojan, only a fanboy would claim an app that does all that is not when it sneaks in as part of another app that you haven't requested.

And only someone who blindly hates would discredit an article proving him wrong. Its what you do, and I accept that.

Not every user is tech savvy or enjoys spending his day reading and checking what it does, how it does it and how it can affect him. iPhone users at least don't have to worry about that and I think it goes the same way with WP. We need to try and see here we're not the only ones using technology and not everyone enjoys learning as much as others do about it.

If you can't take the time out to learn how to properly secure your crap, then I (and I imagine others as well) won't feel bad when you get it infected with a real trojan or some other bit of malware. In this day and age, not securing your stuff is just asking for trouble. "Not being tech savy" is no excuse. There are plenty of resources available for the non-tech savvy to choose from to secure his devices.

Also, contrary to popular belief Android apps are all sandboxed. Each app runs as its own user, and only has access to its own data, or that which belongs to the system. It cannot access any other app's data, unless it runs as root.

Objectionable content aside, there is no malware in that list. A better comparison would probably be the WP marketplace as they don't exactly follow as many "ethics" as Apple do.

There's not any malware in the Windows Phone marketplace either. The content rules are pretty similar to Apple's, and in fact, the sandbox is actually a *little* more restrictive on Windows Phone at the moment.

If you can't take the time out to learn how to properly secure your crap, then I (and I imagine others as well) won't feel bad when you get it infected with a real trojan or some other bit of malware. In this day and age, not securing your stuff is just asking for trouble. "Not being tech savy" is no excuse. There are plenty of resources available for the non-tech savvy to choose from to secure his devices.

You shouldn't have to be doing this for a PHONE!

You can't just brush it under the carpet and absolve Google off any blame for this type of unsecurity, they need to step up to the plate and either sort out Android and or sort out the market place. You would let MS or Apple get away with it, you wouldn't let other industries release products that had a damaging insecurity and let them wash their hands off it, they need to be held accountable to sort it out in the market. If it was from a 3rd party market I could understand but the Google market itself needs sorting.

imo you should call this a spyware. Cause by the look of it this is what it is.

Doesn't look like a trojan to me.

Spyware is the payload, Trojan is the delivery method. it's a simple concept.

And only someone who blindly hates would discredit an article proving him wrong. Its what you do, and I accept that.

That article is not proving me wrong. it is in fact proving me right. it is a Trojan delivering a combined Spyware/badware(and possibly malware) payload.