Anonymous Continues DDoS and Hacking Spree

So I keep a channel or two of the Anon IRC channel up just cause' I think it's nifty to watch them. Usually they have various channels that promote the DDoS of different targets based on the intended goal of that operation. They've recently started a new channel called #opDownWithACTA, and as of right now, www.cia.gov is extremely slow to load, if it loads at all. The ACTA protest channel is promoting the use of HOIC rather than LOIC to DDoS cia.gov.

Here's a screenshot.

Edit: After actually reading what those guys are talking about, apparently one of them runs a botnet?? lol

post-125978-0-60024000-1327822488_thumb.

They're still at it, lol. Just popped in and saw some guy spamming "FIRE THE LAZER!!!", and sure enough cia.gov is still down, lol.

Go anon! We need more people to stand up and not just take the garbage thrown at us by people with wads of cash, doing things only in their interests.

• Like 2

instead of (D)DOSing I wish they would actually hack the **** out of them (harder to do I know but the info gained could be immense

where is wikileaks ... they need to get their furry paws on some cables

Go anon! We need more people to stand up and not just take the garbage thrown at us by people with wads of cash, doing things only in their interests.

And exactly what are they accomplishing by bringing a few websites down for a mere number of hours?

And exactly what are they accomplishing by bringing a few websites down for a mere number of hours?

showing that they are there, it's like the silent protests or people that just get in the way when protesting. They make sure you know they are there. They show they have the numbers.

If sites would simply refuse to post anything about this group, they would soon stop. By generating such media coverage, it only encourages them.

Agreed, people need to realise there nothing more than attention ######

If sites would simply refuse to post anything about this group, they would soon stop. By generating such media coverage, it only encourages them.

Not really, They would continue regardless, if something feels unjust and they don't agree with. if every site stopped, some individual would come along and post something about it. so on and so on

Publicity, which can sometimes get people talking about the issuses.

You'd rather any news or events which are unfavourable to corporations to be covered up. :/

Wow they took a website down (CIA? Who even visits it?!) . Truly they are the best of the best when it comes to hacking.

sarcasm right? so much harder to tell online... but yes they are crap I accidently DoS'ed my own internet yesterday just by running some tests lol! all you need is a few people with access to the internet and a few servers to take down a website it really is not hard