Does anyone here use Windows Live Custom Domains for email?

If there is anyone out there using Windows Live to host their domain email? If so, is it possible for the domain admin to view the emails of all users, or can they only see their own emails? I know with Google Apps the admin can only see their own emails and wondered if Live is any different?

Many thanks

Windows Live Domains really is very limited. It just allows people to create a Hotmail account on your own domain. It does nothing extra. I have it set up on one of my domains, though I never ever used it (and haven't looked at it for years either).

It's kinda sucky when you compare it to Google Apps. They're both the same price but I guess Microsoft's Google Apps competitor is Office 365 but sadly it's not free. Google Apps is a lot more business oriented than WL Domains.

Looking at other users mailboxes isn't a feature I've heard of, exchange (Office 365) possibly has this. At least in the UK it would be illegal without prior permission or agreement from the employee.

Windows Live Domains really is very limited. It just allows people to create a Hotmail account on your own domain. It does nothing extra. I have it set up on one of my domains, though I never ever used it (and haven't looked at it for years either).

It's kinda sucky when you compare it to Google Apps. They're both the same price but I guess Microsoft's Google Apps competitor is Office 365 but sadly it's not free. Google Apps is a lot more business oriented than WL Domains.

Looking at other users mailboxes isn't a feature I've heard of, exchange (Office 365) possibly has this. At least in the UK it would be illegal without prior permission or agreement from the employee.

What are you two talking about? You do realize Google apps is a very business oriented thing, and Microsoft has the exact same thing with Office 365. Sure Google Apps may be free but only upto 10 accounts (and a limited feature set), and then its paid. Google apps for business is $5 / user / month and Office 365 is $6 / user / month.

Windows live domains, is the consumer equivalent and its free for pretty much as many accounts you want to host. You initially get 500 accounts, and if you want more you just email them. Each account gets their own Skydrive with docs.live.com support (which is wait for it...like Google Docs). And then with both you get EAS support, calendar, IM, contacts, etc etc

Feature wise they're pretty much identical, and it just comes down to do you prefer Google or Microsoft.