Disgraced millionaire typing teacher collects $100k a year

Alan Rosenfeld ? a 66-year-old disgraced typing teacher ? hasn?t taught since he was accused of making inappropriate comments and leering at 8th grade girls in 2001, but still collects $100,049 a year from the city, the New York Post reports.

Rosenfeld, a millionaire businessman and attorney, could have retired at 62 but, a friend told the Post, ?It?s an F-U? to the school system. And every year he stays onboard, his $85,400 yearly pension grows by another $1,700.

His case is one of seven in the New York City Department of Education, where teachers the department can?t fire are ?rubber-roomed? ? essentially meaning they don?t do any real work but keep getting paid.

source

So what were the inappropriate remarks that he made? Also how do you prove when a person is "leering" at someone?? Do 8th grade girls even know the definition of the word? Just wondering!

makes you think it is time for a change to the system if they are allowing that sort of thing to happen.

This is one of the many ways Unions are killing America.

I'd rather it be like this, than be like China where employers put nets up around the outside of their buildings to catch suicide jumpers. I'd rather have one too many people earning a decent wage and have to work it into the budget than have work conditions like those we hear about in China, where unions are illegal.

+1 Not to mention that kids don't actually learn anything anymore... *sigh*

I'd rather it be like this, than be like China where employers put nets up around the outside of their buildings to catch suicide jumpers. I'd rather have one too many people earning a decent wage and have to work it into the budget than have work conditions like those we hear about in China, where unions are illegal.

Yes, that's a perfectly logical leap. Thumbs up! :rolleyes:

Typical person who believes the media. I am a civil service employee and MOST civil service employees in a union like csea only end up with at MOST 30k in the NYS pension system anyway. Most end up with $19k of a pension at retirement.

Maybe the teachers pension system is different. Its not unions destroying america its our politicians. Why is it that the government and states layt off the bottom workers when its the management thats making the big pensions?

Typical person who believes the media. I am a civil service employee and MOST civil service employees in a union like csea only end up with at MOST 30k in the NYS pension system anyway. Most end up with $19k of a pension at retirement.

Maybe the teachers pension system is different. Its not unions destroying america its our politicians. Why is it that the government and states layt off the bottom workers when its the management thats making the big pensions?

And a politician will say it's not them but the terrorists

And the terrorists will say it's not them but the Jews.

And the Jews will say it's not them but the Catholic Church.

And the Catholic Church will say it's not them but the DEMONS.

Yawn.

Also keep in mind that if unions and pensions were taken away , you would not save any money. I am in IT and if my pension was taken away you would have to give me a raise to keep my salary in line with the private sector. Nobody would work for the government if they made 40k less and had no retirement benifits. The syetm for government employees is setup so you get the money at the end of your career. The private sector is setup so you get it at the beggining.

The media does not show this. They dont show that you would have to raise salaries if you get rid of pensions.

We should be focused on stopping the abuses in the pension system and the wholes in the system . Not getting rid of pensions.

no this isn't a union problem, its a teacher union problem, they made rules that once you are tenured you can't be fired basically so they send you to "work" still just in a confinement type building with other sanctioned teachers..... blame the schools for agreeing to these rules when the contracts where written.... I know an average teacher pension around where I am is $80k a year... and once you are tenured you are there for life, unless you do something you lose your teaching license over then you are gone

And a politician will say it's not them but the terrorists

And the terrorists will say it's not them but the Jews.

And the Jews will say it's not them but the Catholic Church.

And the Catholic Church will say it's not them but the DEMONS.

Yawn.

What I am stating is proven by fact not baseless claims by the media who themselves are fighting off unionization. Dont believe me?, My salary and pension are freely available on the Net. Every ny state employees salary and pension is shown. look it up and you will see.

here is one of the sites. http://seethroughny.net/

ps the media blames all unions not the ones who should be blamed. I dont get tenure by being on a union. I screw up I can be fired.

A perfect example of why all states should follow in Wisconsin's footsteps and cripple the teacher's union. Our budget is balanced and the ridiculous gravy train has been stopped. It's a win win for everybody that gets screwed by what the unions pull.

And the REAL truth is that the machines we've invented (along with biotech etc.) have made it so fewer and fewer people are needed to work at all to sustain the world's population. Over the next few decades, we're all going to be living to do not a whole helluva lot, because there just isn't enough work for everyone.

Only the very specialized scientists, programmers, and inventors that are advancing technology will actually need to be paid (presumably a lot) - that is until the computer get smart enough to do those jobs too.

And no, we're talking all of this is YOUR lifetime.