The uneducated individual thinks every black tablet is an iPad

If a so-called "uneducated" person wants an iPad, they should go to a store and ask someone for an iPad. If instead they go to a store, pick up a box that says "Motorola Xoom" on it and use a device that says Motorola on it and then think it's an iPad from Apple, they're not uneducated, they're retarded.

I do agree with you, but if i had to choose I would much rather have a customer that knew which tablet they bought and just needed to be shown how to transfer the video off the tablet and how to burn it to dvd. Rather than the kind of person that doesn't know what kind of tablet they bought and the kind that will NEVER be able to remember how to burn their videos to dvd's no matter how many times you show them or write it down. The latter is just more stressful for me.

I did burn them a copy of their video's on dvd and I showed them how to do it but they will NEVER remember how to do it and will NEVER be able to do it themselves. They even called me asking how to turn their new computer on. They asked me if they needed to turn the tower on by using the tablet. I told them which button it was. it then took another 4 mins telling them how to turn the monitor on. I even had to google an image of the monitor so I could tell them exactly which button it was. maybe they were not pushing the button in hard enough. I'm much more of a fixer than a trainer.

• Like 2

Well, considering I've had family that call every game console a "Nintendo", it isn't surprising.

Still, you'd think that if someone has sense enough to know what make and model their car is when asking about parts or taking it into the shop, that they'd at least figure out what device they're working with before consulting with tech support...

Everyone at work uses Crescents, Channel Locks and dykes.

They all get mad when I tell them it's "adjustable spanner", tongue-and-groove pliers and diagonal cutters.

Although I sometimes mess with them and ask for the mexican 9/16" wrench, they just stare back at me.

When I repeat the query asking for the mexican 1/2", they stare. I ask for the Crescent, and they get it.

And who knows what a spud wrench is and that you don't use it on potatos? ;)

Oh well.

This week I got a call from someone who wanted me to help them with their new Asus tablet which they said was running windows. But of course it was running Android. :rofl:

• Like 3

Tell me about it. I was so enraged about people calling cotton swabs Q-Tips, I went and found a cotton swab afficionado forum to rant about how the uneducated think any white cotton swab is a Q-Tip. The nerve of some people.

Kind of like how any electronic-sounding music that isn't immediately recognizable as hip-hop or pop simply gets tossed in as "techno" to the masses.

Sven Vath, Jeff Mills, and Frankie Bones are techno.

Skillex is not techno.

Years ago, the exam invigilators at my school would say "turn off all mobile phones, iPods and MP3 players and leave them in your bags" before the start of every exam. It used to drive me insane.

Still happens today!

• 2 years later...

Microsoft's $400m NFL Surface deal suffers "iPad" gaffes by announcers

https://www.neowin.net/news/neobytes--microsofts-400m-nfl-surface-deal-suffers-ipad-gaffes-by-announcers

This is different because they have paid money to have their product represented. If I was MS I would be furious and probably be taking them to court for breaking or failing to enforce the deal/contract.

I don't care when non-tech people confuse tech stuff any more than I care when my mum calls my Xbox/PS a "Nintendo" or my dad says "pass the tobasco" when it's some other brand of hot sauce.

Frankly, this whole attitude many tech & support people have towards non-tech people is pretty damn elitist: "Oh, look, this stupid person is calling me asking how to fix something that is so simple!" Yes, to you it's simple. Does your plumber roll his eyes because you could fix a burst water pipe? Does your mechanic laugh at you because you can't repair a simple fault with your engine? Does the doctor give you a hard time because you tell them about a harmless medical complaint?

to be fair IT is your speciality and area of interest.

If you went to a doctor and asked him why you penis had a green discharge after sleeping with a hooker, I can assure you they will be laughing behind your back........

Tis thug life

The uneducated indivual thinks every black tablet is an iPad

:rolleyes:

:p

Microsoft's $400m NFL Surface deal suffers "iPad" gaffes by announcers

https://www.neowin.net/news/neobytes--microsofts-400m-nfl-surface-deal-suffers-ipad-gaffes-by-announcers

At least get a mod to fix teh  tittle for you :laugh:

to be fair IT is your speciality and area of interest.

If you went to a doctor and asked him why you penis had a green discharge after sleeping with a hooker, I can assure you they will be laughing behind your back........

Tis thug life

Spot on.

You can be educated or not, if you don't give a damn about the device as long as it works.

Also... I will raise one thing for debate purpose, imagine these people calling apple support for their "ipad" :laugh:

Kind of like how any electronic-sounding music that isn't immediately recognizable as hip-hop or pop simply gets tossed in as "techno" to the masses.

Sven Vath, Jeff Mills, and Frankie Bones are techno.

Skillex is not techno

Never heard of any of those things you listed.  I guess that makes your point.

Its hard to draw the line between "dont care enough to differentiate between brands or types" or "too damned stupid to see the obvious"

Personally, it seems like common sense.  When I ask someone "where did they save a file ?" & their reply is ...wait for it...... "Microsoft" :argh: 

I'll never understand why some humans can't read, or, rather, choose not to. If they can take an extra minute to compare boxes of cereal in a grocery, then they can take an extra minute to read product labels so that they know they're not buying the wrong thing! It's common sense!

+1