Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

os x Mac OS X 10.7.3

115 posts in this topic

Posted

I've already got the first 10.7.3 update installed. How can I get this .3b update installed? The combo installer that was linked in an earlier post won't work on my machine.

Just go to Apple's support page and re-download it

Posted

Just go to Apple's support page and re-download it

That's exactly what I did. I downloaded the Combo Update that was linked in an earlier post, but when I went to install it, it said it won't install.

Perhaps I'm getting .3a? Does someone have a direct link to the b?

EDIT: Nope, still won't install:

post-119000-0-07358000-1328401900.png

Is there some way I can go back to .2 and then install the updated .3 build?

Posted

Download it from here. Ignore the date, this will be the new version. You can use the sha-1 hash on the page to verify you have the right one. I installed it earlier over the old combo-updated 10.7.3 without issue.

Posted

Updating now

Posted

Well, I came back on here to report that the WiFi thing wasn't fixed even after applying the combo update but then I saw that there is a "b" version. I just updated with the "b" version and I will see how it pans out.

Posted

Well, I came back on here to report that the WiFi thing wasn't fixed even after applying the combo update but then I saw that there is a "b" version. I just updated with the "b" version and I will see how it pans out.

yep Wi-Fi still not connecting after sleep even after the 11D50b update. :angry:

Posted

yep Wi-Fi still not connecting after sleep even after the 11D50b update. :angry:

Well, I supposed we should "report" this to Apple for all the good that does. I mean, they are the masters for not admitting to problems with the products.

Posted

Download it from here. Ignore the date, this will be the new version. You can use the sha-1 hash on the page to verify you have the right one. I installed it earlier over the old combo-updated 10.7.3 without issue.

Interesting, they haven't updated their AppStore version based on the release date unless they've silently updated it but haven't said anything about it :/

Edit: Unless the updated update had more to do with the installation script thus the AppStore version didn't need updating since it is a complete re-install. Btw, the Internet Recovery version is still stuck at 10.7.2 :(

Posted

Is there a reason to "update" to the "B" version if nothing went wrong with the initial version?

Posted

i cant update my MBP

Posted

updated with no issues.

Posted

I use Windows 7 via Boot Camp for my work, does this update affect Boot Camp negatively at all? Anyone have any problems or issues with it?

Posted

Is there a reason to "update" to the "B" version if nothing went wrong with the initial version?

I haven't compared the contents of the two but you'll still get the b version in Software Update even with the old 10.7.3 installed. So maybe they changed more than just the install script. They also re-released the Snow Leopard security update and that had no install issues.

Posted

*sigh* It's merely giving you the illusion that the index finger is slightly curved down...

Alright, but why did they feel the need to add this "depth" to the cursor when the others don't do it? It was fine the way it was.

Posted

At least they fixed it. With previous Mac OS X version you had to wait until the next major new version came around. That said Microsoft doesn't really fix anything interface related in their service packs.

They don

Posted

i cant update my MBP

If your goal is to receive support from people here it might be a good idea to provide more details.

Posted

I haven't compared the contents of the two but you'll still get the b version in Software Update even with the old 10.7.3 installed. So maybe they changed more than just the install script. They also re-released the Snow Leopard security update and that had no install issues.

Interesting - I did a clean install of 10.7.3 (re-downloaded the installer of the AppStore) and 'Software Update' hasn't come up with a request to install the 10D73b update. I wonder if the 'Software Update' is looking for a specific set of circumstances or software installed for it to be downloaded.

Posted

Huge changes to guest accounts.

Now restarts system to a safe (safari) mode for guest users to utilize Internet vs running as a guest user in a standard environment

Pretty cool but time consuming

Posted

From OSX Daily:

OS X 10.7.3 Build 11D50b vs 11D50

There are also mixed reports that installing from the new Combo Updater changes the OS X 10.7.3 build number fro 11D50 to 11D50b on some Macs. This does not appear to be the case on all Macs though, and some retain the 11D50 build even when the new update has been used, suggesting the original installation issues and CUI errors may have only impacted certain Mac models to begin with.

If you updated to 10.7.3 without any problems, you likely do not need to download the new version. If you held off on the OS X 10.7.3 Update due to the reported problems, you are probably safe to update now, although you should perform a Time Machine backup before proceeding just in case.

source: http://osxdaily.com/...lently-updated/

Posted

Updated with the combo update (11D50b) on my Mid-2010 Mini with no issues

Posted

They don

Posted

Hopefully it'll fix some of the issues I've been having recently with my MacBook Pro. Pos has been locking up randomly the last few days.

Make sure to do a hardware test for memory, hard drive issues.

Posted

The update to my mid-2009 MBP went well from what I could tell after some clicking around last night (but not any major use).

Looking over the update list, it looks like this update shouldn't be all the noticible to me. Some fixes here and there, but nothing I was having problems with anyway.

I'm kind of anxious for the iCloud support to be integrated in iWorks already...it looks like I'll be waiting for the next release of iWorks though :(. Its sad that currently Pages documents that I make on iPad and iPhone work seemlessly with iCloud integration but to work on the same documents on my Mac requires some juggling with the iCloud website :(.

Posted

I didn't see the "B" update after installing the initial 10.7.3 update. I installed it manually.

Posted

Hmm I'm almost certain it came back up in SU after I'd already installed the old combo. I could be wrong though.