Mac OS X 10.7.3

The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:

• Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
  • Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
  • Resolve issues authenticating with directory services
  • Address compatibility issues with Windows file sharing

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5048

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Download: via Apple Software Update

Hopefully it'll fix some of the issues I've been having recently with my MacBook Pro. Pos has been locking up randomly the last few days.

Hmm ... seems there's lots of people having the issue ... dunno if I should update now :/

Yea. It's the first time I've had an issue in all the years I've been using Macs. It's great that I can at least boot from the recovery partition, browse the web, and download another update to try and fix the issue.

Just updated my Macbook Pro through Software Update, no issues luckily.

I also do not install all that many 3rd party apps that integrate into the OS, as from reading that thread on the Apple forums, that seems like it may be the common thread with the people that are having issues with this update.

I did as one of the posters suggested and booted my iMac in target disk mode while connected to my Macbook Pro. I ran the combo update on the other Mac this way and I was able to fix the installation without having to do a Timemachine restore.

Weird, it doesn?t show up in Software Update here. I?ll just go and download the Combo Updater from the website.

I hope it fixes a lot of problems, Lion still isn?t the perfect OS that I am looking for, even if it?s miles ahead of its initial release already.

Damn! I already started the update. Should have waited. :(

Downloading the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo) found here: http://support.apple...nloads/#osxlion

Hope that's the right one. Will save to an external drive in case I get the same issue so many seem to have.

Used the combo update. Didn't use the software update mode. Working perfect :)

Remember, even tho I even worried a little, there will be MILLIONS of people who have zero problems updating with the software update. And those that do, may even have integrated 3rd party stuff, causing issues. Unsure, but like I say, we're a minor slice of the Mac user pie here.

The only issue I had with 10.7.3 was that the download kept stopping. (Which could have been a problem with my internet connection, granted.)

After installing it everything works smoothly. If not snappier than with 10.7.2.

Im already at the point where it's asking me to restart to install updates. Guess I'll have to give it a go and hope for the best. Worst case, I'll use Time Machine to restore from yesterday's backup.

The updater from the link I provided in my previous post is on an external drive now.

WHEW! Update completed, restarted, it went through the install and all seems OK so far. :D

THEY CHANGED THE POINTY HAND CURSOR!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I not even noticed it until you mentioned. :laugh: