os x 10.7.3 lion

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 February 2012 - 13:46

Eh, I've filed several bug reports regarding the vectorized cursors. At this point, I'll doubt they'll bother fixing it. Maybe a point update to Safari will grab the newer cursor file, but if not, oh well, no big deal. But it is more noticeable than before giving that it's such an obvious low-res cursor compared to the newer ones.

At this point I'm a bit amazed that Apple updated the other cursors. It's odd they updated the "link" cursor in Safari and the resize hand in the Finder but didn't link the latter to Safari too. Maybe it's a bit of a niche cursor?

#107 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 6 128GB

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:19

^^

Netgear DGN1000 ADSL router with WPA2 encryption and completely visible Network Name. I didn't fiddle with my router settings. Today I reverted back to 10.7.2 and wifi problems are gone.

If a certain problem doesn't affect you doesn't mean you assume it's not a problem. Btw it is ironic as the 10.7.3 update creates a problem which it was supposed to fix. Look up the definition of irony again.

If you bother to search for this issue, there are long threads on Apple's discussion boards. Mostly mid 2011 iMacs are affected.
Guess I will jump to 10.7.4 when it becomes available.

I never said that "because it doesn't affect me then it isn't a genuine issue" - I am trying to isolate where the problem sits given that I haven't experienced a problem yet.

What firmware version to you have installed? have up graded to the latest firmware? the 'world wide' firmware seems to have a number of updates that might address the issue.

#108 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:04

So in 4 weeks they can fix like 5 bugs and in 15 weeks they can fix more than 100, and you’re okay with that…

You know, I use Lion on 3 machines every single day and I'm yet to meet a single real bug - there were some WLAN issues but they ended up being a problem with the station itself and not the laptop.

Apart from that I still haven't run into anything and I use quite a variety of interesting applications (mainly music/mixing nowadays).

#109 jbrooksuk

jbrooksuk

Beta meta.

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:22

Updating now. Just wish I had read this topic first since I'm already downloading from SU.

#110 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:15

What firmware version to you have installed? have up graded to the latest firmware? the 'world wide' firmware seems to have a number of updates that might address the issue.

I have installed whatever the latest world wide version firmware for DGN1000. The router is not the problem. I also tried using my Asus RT-N56U router but still the wifi does not connect automatically after reboot or waking from sleep. Apple knows this problem and hopefully a fix should be on the way for this particular iMac model. Back to 10.7.2 and everything working just as it should.

#111 classicdisastr

classicdisastr

Neowinian

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:13

I have a mid-2009 MBP and I just updated to 10.7.3 in software update. It gave me the "b" build, which I'm assuming is the fixed version, but I'm having issues with my ethernet and wifi. They won't assign an IP address at all. I can turn on and off the firewall to fix it, but everytime I reboot it just stops working. I'm downloading the combo update, but am wondering if it's worth trying, if it'll install at all since I already have the update.

#112 Xtreme $niper

Xtreme $niper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 February 2012 - 16:09

The waiting cursor has depth to it and are you really expecting an answer from me as to why Apple decided to change it? I can't give you one, nobody here can. The updated cursor is fine too.

It was more of a rhetorical question, actually.

What I did notice after upgrading (granted, it's been less than 24 hrs) was that my graphical bug with external monitors on MBP 2010 models hasn't come around yet... I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days.

#113 The Guvnor

The Guvnor

Corl!! Stand Back!!

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad Mini 16GB WiFi

Posted 17 February 2012 - 13:25

Finally updated on my Hack to try out the new Messages BETA from Mountain Lion.

Works well :)

#114 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 21 March 2012 - 18:59

10.7.3 seems to have an odd speed bug with me, so I'm using my SL partition for now

#115 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 March 2012 - 22:01

Works well :)

Well, it’s a start… I wish it were at least twice as good though. Apple betas usually resemble the final versions, which means all those changes I am hoping for will never appear in time for Mountain Lion.