League of Legends Learning Curve

I've been seeing a lot of League of Legends lately. I would like to give it a try. I'm worried about how easy or hard it is to get started. I don't want to start playing and ruin the games of my teammates because I dont know what to do.

So is it new player friendly? I would hope there would be a practice area where noobs can play against AI to learn the game. I'm gonna go read up on it some more.

Let me know about your experience as new players and what I should expect.

Thanks

It is NOT friendly for new users, if you are playing with friends that have already been playing for a while. If you play with them you will play with higher ranked players and you will be destroyed.

Now if you play with other noobs vs AI or similarly ranked players, it can be very friendly for new users. I suck against higher ranked players, but with my ranked players I can play a lot better.

My friend got very hooked to this game as he said that if you join a match and you don't finish it, you get your account suspended or something. I wouldn't play it because he said it gets very addicting. That's why I never started.

Honestly the game IS hard to get started it but compared to its counter parts it is more noob friendly.

You start out at level 1 and usually get placed with people similarly as new as you are and by the time you hit 30 you should be capable of playing pretty decently. (Don't do ranked for a long while after that though.)

The main focus of the game is summoners rift(5v5) so focus on playing that over Dominion and the almost forgotten twisted treeline.

The only downside to being new is the fact that there ARE high level players that make new accounts just to stomp new players. You will learn fast though.

The new bot AI system is supposed to make it much more friendly for beginners. Start with the tutorials and the Coop vs AI until you get a hang of the game mechanics.

I also recommend starting some games after learning the basics with higher level friends. Its easier to grasp advanced gameplay concepts early on and you should take advantage of that before you grow too accustomed to facerolling AI bots. It will drastically improve your skill if you play against those who have a large amount of experience. Not to mention having some higher level friends to tell you about things bot matches don't give you experience with is good, too.