ios apple android

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 grik

grik

Neowinian

• 805 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:29

i own an iPad2 for 6 months +- and i just have to reboot it sometimes 1 every 2 weeks or so. I dont know what you guys do with these things but i also own a iPhone4s for 3 months and only had 3 crashes that i can remmember.

#17 Pygmy_Hippo

Pygmy_Hippo

Neowinian

• 1,017 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 04 February 2012 - 13:44

Since I upgraded my iPad 1 to ios5 all it ever does is crash. It's not exotic programs either, stuff like Safari will crash several times a session. To be honest i've never had an OS crash so much - people used to rag on the likes of Windows ME but mine was solid as a rock, my iPad is just flaky.

Come to think of it - I have 3 iPods (different generations) that are all software screwed in some way, constant restarts making them all unusable. Maybe my house just doesn't like Apple stuff :(

#18 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 04 February 2012 - 13:49

http://www.forbes.co...id-a-data-dive/

I don't know where they got that data from or who made it up, but I have NEVER had iOS 5 crash on me...ever. When I had my Android HTC phone it was a nightmare. Constant force-closes, crashes, freezing, slow downs. I dumped it and went back to iOS (iPhone) and I haven't looked back. And no, I am not an Apple fan-boy, but the truth is the truth. iOS and iOS appz simply work better so I am sorry but I do not believe those charts at all. Seems someone is trying to make Android look better.

#19 Beyond Godlike

Beyond Godlike

Neowinian

• 1,096 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 13:50

My friends apps on his iphone crash repeatedly. I get my share of crashes due to my running beta custom roms n everything on my android, but never did i on stock!

#20 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 13:53

My friends apps on his iphone crash repeatedly. I get my share of crashes due to my running beta custom roms n everything on my android, but never did i on stock!

Lucky you because my Android stock stuff crashed constantly.

#21 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,077 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 13:59

My friend has a 3GS, and it hasn't crashed sice last August

So in that time it hasn't once shelled out of an app?
In that time it hasn't once not started an app after clicking the icon?

Those are crashes, and I don't believe you!

#22 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,094 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 14:01

Haven't had a single crash on my 4S. And I've had one maybe two crashes of Safari on my iPad 2. I'm pretty surprised at such high percentages.

#23 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 14:05

So in that time it hasn't once shelled out of an app?
In that time it hasn't once not started an app after clicking the icon?

Those are crashes, and I don't believe you!

Why don't you believe him? I haven't had a single crash on my iPhone 4S since I've had it and I bought it when it came out and updated it to latest iOS.

#24 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,133 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 14:45

I don't know where they got that data from or who made it up, but I have NEVER had iOS 5 crash on me...ever. When I had my Android HTC phone it was a nightmare. Constant force-closes, crashes, freezing, slow downs. I dumped it and went back to iOS (iPhone) and I haven't looked back. And no, I am not an Apple fan-boy, but the truth is the truth. iOS and iOS appz simply work better so I am sorry but I do not believe those charts at all. Seems someone is trying to make Android look better.

So since you have no crashes, the data is made up? I have had no crashes on my Galaxy Nexus either but like the iPhone, each user experience differs from another.

#25 thommcg

thommcg

Neowinian

• 1,235 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 15:00

More here on Crittercism;
http://www.critterci...m/features.html

Don't forget, this is only based on Apps that Crittercism tracks.

#26 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,401 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 22:48

so much for "smoother experience"

#27 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,743 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 22:57

I feel like it is about the same or Android crashes more.. I have owned both and I prefer my Droid over Apple any day but I would like to know how this was tested..

#28 vetTHolman

THolman

Mystery Tramp

• 819 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 00:24

Since I upgraded my iPad 1 to ios5 all it ever does is crash. It's not exotic programs either, stuff like Safari will crash several times a session. To be honest i've never had an OS crash so much - people used to rag on the likes of Windows ME but mine was solid as a rock, my iPad is just flaky.

Come to think of it - I have 3 iPods (different generations) that are all software screwed in some way, constant restarts making them all unusable. Maybe my house just doesn't like Apple stuff :(

I've got an iPad 1 myself (since launch!) and although I still love it, I have to admit that it does crash a pretty good bit since iOS5. My 4S, on the other hand, seems much more stable. Generally, the built-in apps don't crash much at all, except for Safari on iPad (probably has to do with the tabs), and the third party ones are at fault. I think a lot of the issues with the iPad 1 just has to do with the fact that it doesn't have much RAM at all. I know that Apple wants to sell you a new device as often as they can, but they really shouldn't have launched with 256 RAM, or whatever it is. I still use it a lot, but I'm not sure if the iPad 1 has enough juice to keep up with the updates cycle for much longer.

#29 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 05 February 2012 - 00:31

I would say my iPod Touch 4g (running iOS 5.0.1) crashes the same ammount as my Atrix (Running a custom rom, that has all of the motorola stuff stripped out). Which suffice to say is very very rarely.

#30 Kaoxt

Kaoxt

Neowinian

• 413 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 00:57

I have had iPhone 4S since it came out, and hasn't crashed once. Had a Galaxy Nexus (was trying to switch) but it crashed about 8 times just using the basic Google Music app, in about 4 days. Galaxy Nexus seems to be a really trashy phone though, with all the problems it has. =(