Wrong-number call helps Ohio woman in emergency

An Ohio woman called the wrong number when she was experiencing a medical attack but still found help a couple of time zones away.

Seventy-year-old Loretta Smith felt her right side go numb and fell to the floor at her home in Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH'-guh) Falls last weekend.

She tells multiple news outlets she was able to grab the phone with her left hand and thought she was calling her son. Instead, she was one digit off and reached a man in the Denver area who was originally from northeast Ohio and had kept the same number after he moved.

Smith told 28-year-old Kenny Crater that she thought she was having a stroke, and he called 911 on her behalf. She says Crater saved her life.

source

Good story, glad the man helped.. but if you were having a stroke, why wouldn't she have called 911 herself instead of her son? O_o

Good story, glad the man helped.. but if you were having a stroke, why wouldn't she have called 911 herself instead of her son? O_o

Maybe she thought her son could get her to a hospital faster.

Or maybe her son was a doctor.

People do stuff like this all the time. I don't get it either. I imagine when you're in a situation like that you aren't exactly thinking as clearly as maybe you otherwise would. But I'm really glad that the guy was able to help her and she's alright.

ohio again??? wow. ohio is the state of the month!

glad she got help!