Dropbox - Experimental Forum Build 1.3.12 - FREE SPACE!

Started today off at 4.75 GB, about to have 9.75 GB in 20 minutes once this last file finishes uploading (obviously my upload speeds at home are not as good as they were at work.) Thanks again for sharing this BudMan, and may I also wish you a Happy Birthday. (Y)

So I am curious what there extra upload TOTAL was since they have started this -- I would think they should be able to see how much space is in that specific folder it creates..

I would assume lots of people doing the full 4.5 get upload if not more.. Times how many?? The amount of data stored must be staggering...

Yeah getting OLD -- and neowin has to kick it off early.. I still got like an hour in my timezone before I turn yet another year older.

Where do you go to get your bonus for having an edu email?

Edit: NM, found it!

Edit 2: lol, wait! Is the edu suppose to give you bonus space or just doubles your referral bonus amount?

Hmmm, with the way dropbox storage works. And having the details of file, and the ability to restore it if deleted it, etc.. I would think they would have a system in place to say hey that files has already been uploaded, no need to actually upload it again..

And I do believe the import feature is suppose to not reimport files, etc. if you notice it put a .file on your storage camera/sd that I have to assume its using to know what are new files or old files and have already been imported, etc.

Guess you could try it.. but its pretty easy to generate 500MB of pics -- just take some crap of the wall at highest resolution ;)

I'm still waiting for the feature that will allow you to clear your event/backup history. There are certain sensitive files I would like to remove backups of, but for whatever reason they have refused adding this feature despite repeatedly requesting it years ago. They keep replying with a b.s. response "not available at this time" in their forums whenever someone asks about as if they have an intention of doing so. I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the privacy issue behind this and the right to have control over media uploaded. The only way to do this right now is to deactivate your account, but that results in losing whatever free space you accumulate.

You can delete the ability to recover it I do believe. But yeah I don't see any way to clear the event log.

You can delete the ability to recover it I do believe. But yeah I don't see any way to clear the event log.

Any idea where? If this setting was visible, I would have done this a long time ago, but it's not in the account settings.

Edit: Found it. A bit obscured in the file system itself. I haven't used dropbox that much lately, but it looks like they have introduced an auto-purge feature that will delete backups after a certain period. Good to see they listened.

So for example

post-14624-0-30077200-1328362325.png

Go to your folder, make sure you showing deleted files in upper drop down arrow.

Then click the ones you want to include and then click the drop down arrow on the row with the files or the top drop down arrow after you have checked off the files you want to work with and and say perm delete.

I do believe this will remove it for good - but I am not sure about the history.. Would still show that file named X was there, you deleted it, and then most like perm deleted it.. I have never done it so not sure -- but could give it a go, but I again think its going to still be in the event log.