Hang Onto Your Mass Effect 3 Saves

BioWare suggests you should not delete your Mass Effect save files when you complete the final game in the trilogy next month. "It wouldn't be a bad idea (to keep your ME3 saves)" said Associate Producer Mike Gamble in an interview with GamerZines. "Obviously I can't say anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea..."

Gamble didn't clarify if his comments suggested the save files could impact download content for Mass Effect 3 or could be used for future Mass Effect games. BioWare previously stated that Mass Effect 3 is the final game in Commander Shepard's storyline, but did not rule out more games set in the Mass Effect universe.

In an interview with Game Informer last month, executive producer Casey Hudson was asked where he saw the series going after Mass Effect 3.

"On the one hand, it?s too early to say in the sense that we?ve got to finish Mass Effect 3, but it?s also more online than ever before," he said. "We?ve got multiplayer stuff, we?ve got DLC, we?ve got the larger galaxy at war stuff. We?ll be supporting that. We?ve got some really awesome DLC stuff that we?re doing. Our heads are still in that space."

"One of the reasons that I wanted to do Mass Effect as a trilogy is that it seemed to make sense if we?ve been at this for however many years ? it will have been eight years ? at the end of that, people will want some kind of reimagination of what the experience will be for new systems and new tastes. To some degree, we need to see how people respond to Mass Effect 3 and what they?re hoping to see in the future."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/03/hang-onto-your-mass-effect-3-saves.aspx

[source: Gamerzines]

This would be sweet if it was a hint of Mass Effect 4. My saves from all the previous version on my Xbox are in safe keeping right now!!

How can I move my save file? My 360 stayed with my brother because I got the PS3 and Wii but I wanna play this the day it comes out and my roommate has a 360. Could I move it to the cloud? Or do I just need to copy it to a USB drive?

I really hope this means they'll develop another Mass Effect game. I know they said that Commander Shepard's story would end in Mass Effect 3, but they could come up with a new playable character. It'd be hard to top Commander Shepard though.

I really hope this means they'll develop another Mass Effect game. I know they said that Commander Shepard's story would end in Mass Effect 3, but they could come up with a new playable character. It'd be hard to top Commander Shepard though.

I think they could, I mean it's not like he/she is that deep of the character he/she is what you want Shepard to be. But the universe they created is to awesome to not expand on it.

Sounds interesting :) I'm guessing there won't be a ME4, since Shepard is (well will be) done. However, I'm guessing there will be more games based within the ME universe and that universe *might* be shaped by how you won the war with the Reapers (and so forth) pretty exciting really! so while you may not get to play Shepard, your actions in ME1, 2 and 3; will shape how everything turns out in the future games. Obviously I'm just speculating so could be totally wrong.

This probably just means "we'll definitely be bringing DLC to you that you can still use your saves on." (imo)

I don't think so, why bother telling us to keep our save games just for DLC? it's obvious there will be DLC (considering the amount that was churned out for ME2) and I doubt people will clock ME3 and delete their save game straight after :p so I highly doubt it's that.

As I mentioned before, I doubt you'll play Shepard but his (or her) actions has defined [and changed] the ME universe. Who survived, who is in charge, how much damage was caused in the Reaper invasion etc...by keeping your ME3 save games, the ME universe for the next game can be tailor made based on how you shaped it through the ME trilogy. Pretty exciting really. However, it's all speculation and could be totally wrong.

On PS3, how do I transfer my save from the PS3 to a USB stick? Is it possible? I have PSN+ but...just in case.

And this is some ****ing AWESOME news. Obviously, we don't know how ME3 will play out so it would hard to start making predictions but as has been stated in the thread, the ME universe itself is epic.

Myself, I'm hoping to be able to play as another race for my central character. I think it would be cool to see humanity from another perspective.

ensiform is correct, this is just for DLC, not ME4, but that would be nice too.

Sooner - that new cloud/SkyDrive service is your friend for this.

I know people are getting excited, but we haven't even got number 3 yet. I'd hold off on celebrating a hypothetical No. 4.

I know people are getting excited, but we haven't even got number 3 yet. I'd hold off on celebrating a hypothetical No. 4.

There is nothing hypothetical about it though, this is EA we are talking about...if it's successful (and ME is very successful) EA will milk it till people are sick to death of it, then milk it some more. I hope I'm very wrong, as I'm happy to end Shepard's adventures in ME3 and have a new game based within the ME universe following different characters and adventures.

ensiform is correct, this is just for DLC, not ME4, but that would be nice too.

Sooner - that new cloud/SkyDrive service is your friend for this.

Where was that confirmed?

Prequel series :D

That wouldnt quite work with saves, would it? What i mean is how can events that happened in the future impact your character in the past..unless he travels back in time, but thats not a thing in ME universe.

That wouldnt quite work with saves, would it? What i mean is how can events that happened in the future impact your character in the past..unless he travels back in time, but thats not a thing in ME universe.

True, I didn't think of that.

Then again, though it is all sci-fi bordering on fantasy and thus not exactly required to make sense IRL, I'm not sure if it was ever explained in the lore how "mass effect" prevents time-dilation. There were sensical bits of FTL that light speed is still c as we know it, redshift and a mention that ships are undetectable while in FTL. Well, my IQ also doesn't really dig relativity as enough as to apply it here but it still seems to me that they've kind of cast Einstein's thing aside. :)