Bath Christian group's 'God can heal' adverts banned

Did you not read my entire reply?

But can you prove God's non-existance?

That's not how it works. The burden of proof lies on the shoulders of those making the claims, not the doubters. It's up to the religious to provide the proof we require, not us.

That is incorrect. I do not believe in blatant lies. Saying "God can heal" is not a lie.Until someone proves God does not exist, I will continue to believe the way I do.

Right, you can't make a claim you can't prove or is disproven. The same rules applying to Energy Drinks, Cosmetics, Electronics ought apply to religious ads too.

As a man of faith from a christian background who now has a semblance of spirituality instead of a religion, I don't think you can test for something like that, I believe prayer is useless. Let me explain, it might be a way to express your feelings spiritually but, God decided way before you prayed what was going to happen and you praying will not change that. Praying for healing is ridiculous, if God wanted you alive, he would not let you die or get sick. We are at Gods mercy and should accept the good and the bad as his will. Prayer should only be used to thank him for our life and as a symbol that we want his guidance.

with that theory, let rape victims be raped.... let starving children starve... and let murders keep killing.. its gods will right? ridiculous religion crap...

You can say whatever you want, as long as you are not saying "buy my product because it heals you." In this situation, they are not saying that. So, they are not lying. So to censor a non-ad in this case is wrong and the ASA is wrong in this aspect.

Edit:

I am not trying to force anyone to believe how I do. But when people are forcing the fact that God does not exist is just wrong no matter how you put it.

Now I will leave this thread with this thought: To me and millions of others, God does exist and can heal. I do not care what you call God. I know many Christians, Muslims and other religous and spiritual people are reading this post here at Neowin, know what I say is truth. But this ongoing fight about the existance of God will continue even after any,some or all scientists prove that it is false or correct.

Now I bid this thread farewell.

The funny thing is that you're precisely the sort of person who the ASA's rules are designed to benefit. These rules protect the ignorant and the gullible from the sort of exploitation that you are clearly a victim of. It's a shame you can't see that and keep pushing your backward, illogical, superstitious agenda.

And can any of you doubters prove God does not exist? Show me in scientific equation or mathematics formulae that he doesn't. From both point of views, according to scientists, are just theories. It has not been proven that God does or doesn't exist. I theorize that God does exist. Can I prove my theory yet? No. But we are still compiling all available evidence.

Everyday, you hear that scientists have proven things that are in the Bible are fact. It's only time that more things will be proven. Can science ever prove that God exists? I don't know. Will science ever prove the existance of God to be false? I truly hope not.

saying "i truly hope not" shows you have no faith... if you TRULY believe it, you won't HOPE since it can't possibly happen. and about the proof thing... can you prove "the great speggetti man in the sky" does not exist? Proof does lie in the claim.

But can you prove God's non-existance?

Can you provide any evidence whatsoever (and your Bible isn't evidence BTW) that supports your belief that god exists?

We can't prove a lot of things, it doesn't mean that a sane person would believe in something without a shred of evidence that it exists, simply because it hasn't been proven not to exist.

And can any of you doubters prove God does not exist? Show me in scientific equation or mathematics formulae that he doesn't. From both point of views, according to scientists, are just theories. It has not been proven that God does or doesn't exist. I theorize that God does exist. Can I prove my theory yet? No. But we are still compiling all available evidence.

If you are still compiling evidence then that means you already have some evidence tobegin with. So what evidence would that be? You have to remember it's not up to the doubters to provide the evidence but the ones that make the claim to begin with. So please backup your statement that you have already started compiling evidence.

Everyday, you hear that scientists have proven things that are in the Bible are fact. It's only time that more things will be proven. Can science ever prove that God exists? I don't know. Will science ever prove the existance of God to be false? I truly hope not.

No that is in fact not true. Show me the proven bible facts that science has shown to be true from the last 30 days. Again you just made a claim, a claim without any factual backing. It is on YOU to provide such evidence now. It's been a month and 5 days now in to the new year, there should at least be one thing that science has shown to be true from the bible. Can you provide that information?

But back to the OP. Should our lives be censored? Should someone or some governing force be able to control what you say or believe? I as an American, say no. Human Rights. I feel strongly about that, I have fought to protect that very fact. Not just for us here in the States, but every where. I maybe old now, but I woulld not hesitate to put my uniform back on and go where I am ordered.

Human rights should not be violated and when they are, that is called tyranny and tyranny should be crushed.

In America we already have levels of censorship. You cant yell fire in a croweded theater or something else that could end up hurting others. If someone is offering the healing power of god, that might make someone forgo actual medial care that could save their life. Given there is no actual proof of god healing people, then making a claim like that could be seen as harmful.

In this case, human rights are not being violated.

That is incorrect. I do not believe in blatant lies. Saying "God can heal" is not a lie.Until someone proves God does not exist, I will continue to believe the way I do.

Again proof is on you to provide that god can heal. If you cant then the advertisment is a lie. Those that make the claim have to back up the claim they are making.

I see Lo Tec ran from the thread when the burden was to much for him to handle. Typical religious response.

You'd have to prove god exists first, then you would have to prove it listens to prayers, then you would have to prove you have influence with this god, then you would have to prove god is providing the healing, not simply the body healing itself naturally or being healed by conventional medicine.

Since no one has even proved the first point yet, you can't blame people for being skeptical and rejecting such extraordinary claims.