What Apple did right

I bought an iPhone two months ago. Since buying it, I have started paying for (instead of pirating) te apps and songs I download.

Why? Because, with iTunes and App Store, it is just so easy and convenient to buy my content. I don't feel wrong anymore when I acquire music. Best of all, it is SO much easier to acquire music and apps legitimately than it is to pirate it.

I'm not trying to brag or anything. I have a long history of pirating, and still do when I want a song I can't find legitimately.

But for those who like convenience, iTunes rocks :). I'm SO glad that Apple made getting music so easy and headache-free.

Still... I do wish that there was a Torrent app for the iPhone.

• Like 1

iTransmission comes to mind as a torrent app for the iPhone. However, you would have to jailbreak, if it's not already, in order to install it.

I bought an iPhone two months ago. Since buying it, I have started paying for (instead of pirating) te apps and songs I download.

Why? Because, with iTunes and App Store, it is just so easy and convenient to buy my content. I don't feel wrong anymore when I acquire music. Best of all, it is SO much easier to acquire music and apps legitimately than it is to pirate it.

I'm not trying to brag or anything. I have a long history of pirating, and still do when I want a song I can't find legitimately.

But for those who like convenience, iTunes rocks :). I'm SO glad that Apple made getting music so easy and headache-free.

Still... I do wish that there was a Torrent app for the iPhone.

Well, if you Setup a Linux Transmission-Daemon Server in your home and port forward it then that can essentially give you a torrent client via Safari on iOS.

Regarding downloading Music/Apps legitimately, I completely agree, and with iTunes Match, it's even better!

iTransmission comes to mind as a torrent app for the iPhone. However, you would have to jailbreak, if it's not already, in order to install it.

Yeah, wish this was available natively, but I'm not sure what the point of having a Torrent client with 16 / 32 / 64GB of Storage is. If I download a torrent it's going to at least be 100GB+.

Well, if you Setup a Linux Transmission-Daemon Server in your home and port forward it then that can essentially give you a torrent client via Safari on iOS.

Regarding downloading Music/Apps legitimately, I completely agree, and with iTunes Match, it's even better!

Yeah, wish this was available natively, but I'm not sure what the point of having a Torrent client with 16 / 32 / 64GB of Storage is. If I download a torrent it's going to at least be 100GB+.

I agree with you guys, however, it's really not always big downloads like this. At least not for me.

Oh and: wtf does that distro bundle to get so large in size? :p

Glassed Silver:ios