USB 2.0 to 3.0 Adapter?

I dont believe there is one, however it would be nice to have one. I am guessing it would be a USB 2.0 with a power plug also. Anyone heard of or found any?

People ask this whenever a new version comes out of something - unfortunately you can't convert a port. Besides, USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1, so connectivity isn't an issue.

I guess I wanted to retain the transfer rate and still supply the power through it as 3.0 does. Thanks all

You won't get USB 3.0 speed through a USB 2.0 device.. although it should give you power through it.

I guess I wanted to retain the transfer rate and still supply the power through it as 3.0 does. Thanks all

You need USB 3.0 all the way through the chain to maintain 3.0 speeds. I am not sure if power implimentation has changed between the specs, but USB 2.0 can provide power as well (powered hub might be needed)

You could get one of these:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Card%20Reader/Hub&type_sub=USB%20Hub&model=AK-PCCU3-01

But if you don't have a PCI-e 2.0 slot you can't get the full USB 3.0 speed and if you do have a PCI-e 2.0 slot only one port can get full speed at a time with USB 3.0 being 4.8Gbps.

• Like 1

You could get one of these:

http://www.akasa.com...del=AK-PCCU3-01

But if you don't have a PCI-e 2.0 slot you can't get the full USB 3.0 speed and if you do have a PCI-e 2.0 slot only one port can get full speed at a time with USB 3.0 being 4.8Gbps.

Which would only be an issue if you connect an SSD to it - otherwise an HHD wont get close to that bottleneck.

I think the best I see on USB3.0 is about 130MB/sec tranfer rates on a Caviar Black.