ip address change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#16 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:15

Well actually, I have tried that but I don't think it worked. Hmm maybe I need someone to Team Viewer me or something? Also, I'm not sure if I want to change my Local Internet Connection but I want to change the connection so that when I go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ , it would display another IP Address other than the one that I already have.

You tried that but redid the automatic when you reinabled DHCP, causing it to undo everything

And whatismyip shows your PUBLIC IP, and you cant manually vhange that other then turning off you modem for a long time

#17 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:15

You don't have a antivirus that prevents network connection changes do you?

Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Change Adapter Settings
Unplug your network connection (if wired) or disable wireless (switch)
Right click connection > Properties
IPv4 > Properties
Use the following IP address:
Set the IP address you want: eg 192.168.1.56
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: Address of your router (eg, 192.168.1.1)

Press ok and close everything else with "ok"s, not X's

Now since it hasn't been working so well for you, reboot, log in, check that the settings are still present, and then plug in your network connection.

By the way, what has been telling you your IP address hasn't changed?

I will let you know how that goes as I've been doing that but I will use the numbers you have supplied me with. And this website has been telling me that my IP Address hasn't changed: http://www.whatismyip.com/

#18 cybertimber2008

cybertimber2008

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:16

I will let you know how that goes as I've been doing that but I will use the numbers you have supplied me with. And this website has been telling me that my IP Address hasn't changed: http://www.whatismyip.com/

See my updated post.

#19 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:26

You don't have a antivirus that prevents network connection changes do you?

Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Change Adapter Settings
Unplug your network connection (if wired) or disable wireless (switch)
Right click connection > Properties
IPv4 > Properties
Use the following IP address:
Set the IP address you want: eg 192.168.1.56
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: Address of your router (eg, 192.168.1.1)

Press ok and close everything else with "ok"s, not X's

Now since it hasn't been working so well for you, reboot, log in, check that the settings are still present, and then plug in your network connection.

By the way, what has been telling you your IP address hasn't changed?

Edit: Ok I just saw your latest post. "Whatismyipaddress" shows your INTERNET, public address, which is controlled by your ISP. If you have a dynamic IP, turn your modem off for an hour or so... really depends on how long your lease is for. Overnight might be best.

You tried that but redid the automatic when you reinabled DHCP, causing it to undo everything

And whatismyip shows your PUBLIC IP, and you cant manually vhange that other then turning off you modem for a long time

Thank you guys! Here is my settings for my modem:

Posted Image

Does anyone know how long I have to wait for a new IP Address? Thanks,

#20 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 96
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:37

You might have to wait forever.. All depends on your ISP,

The can try and force the change by changing the mac on the wan interface of your router - does your router support mac cloning? What is the specific model of your router your showing there?

Then again what do you think your going to accomplish changing your public IP?? I would guess your trying to circumvent some sort of block? This is really the only reason to do such a thing.

#21 Storm

Storm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:42

The can try and force the change by changing the mac on the wan interface of your router - does your router support mac cloning? What is the specific model of your router your showing there?

Then again what do you think your going to accomplish changing your public IP?? I would guess your trying to circumvent some sort of block? This is really the only reason to do such a thing.

In which case, it would probably just be easier to use a proxy!

#22 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:58

In which case, it would probably just be easier to use a proxy!

No proxies are slow and not useful.

This is my exact router:

http://www.motorola....m-Gateway-US-EN

#23 +giantsnyy

giantsnyy

Neowinian

Posted 05 February 2012 - 17:12

It really depends on your ISP at this point. I'm supposed to have dynamic addresses on my modem, but I was using the same IP address for four years until I switched to a router.

#24 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 February 2012 - 17:17

If you are wanting to change your IP address set by your ISP, you will just have to wait for your ISP to change it. No other option short of using a proxy.

If you are talking about your local IP, the 192.168..... , then turn off DHCP (in your router) and set your IP address in your network connection:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center > click "Local Area Connection" > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TC{/IPv4) > Properties

#25 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 05 February 2012 - 17:58

Does anyone know how long I have to wait for a new IP Address? Thanks,

Just install Hotspot Shield and call it a day?

Most ISPs will probably assign your account to a single IP address, and then your modem/router will distribute that ip address across the local network. You aren't going to get very far in trying to change your ip address. Spoofing is illegal, so the only alternative is to use a proxy service that will redirect all your data through a separate server that has a different ip address (and yes, whatismyip.com will show the new ip address).

#26 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:42

Why are you so gungho on changing your public IP, any and all pron warez and torrents the ISP keeps a record of the IP you have had in the past as well as times you had them,,,

There is no reason at all that i can think of to try and force a public IP change

And as myself and others have said, you have no other options to change public IP then to unplug router and wait it out, and thats a big IF.

If your trying to circumvent a Public IP ban, there was a reason you were banned

#27 tomasarson

tomasarson

i can't control my body

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:55

you should be able to unlug your cable modem's power for around 30-60 minutes (but sometimes much longer) and by the time you reboot you might get handed a new ip address.

also what budman says about changing your wan side mac address would be the fastest way to get a new ip.

#28 Koshur

Koshur

Neowite

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win7, Ubuntu 12.04LTS, PinguyOS 11.10, Backtrack 5R2, Zorin OS

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28

Which is the best, secure (supports SSL and HTTPS) and annoynomous proxy software avalible. I want to buy one.. I need to switch ip for differnet geo domains to check my search results on different domains/geo locations? Which would be the best bet. Tried some chrome extention (hidemyass), it sucks though..Also how much would i compromise on my internet speed and security. I can pay for a better one but i need the top one in the list? Any suggestions

#29 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:01

There are different networks in play. You have control of the network between your PC and your Router (Internal network), Your ISP has control the network between your Router and their Router (External Network/Internet), Your ISP will connect to other networks they don't have control over.

What is displayed on whatismyip.com is controlled by Your ISP.

Some ISPs offer Dynamic IP addresses (They can change your IP address whenever they like), other offer static IP addresses (Your IP address never changes unless you ask them to change it).

Do not change the MAC address on a Cable modem, Most cable companies look at the MAC address to allow you onto their network.

If you wish to change the IP address that your ISP assigns you, there are a few things you can try:
1. Release/Renew the IP address on the modem, or reboot it. It is quite likely that the ISP will simply issue the same IP address again in this case.
2. Release the IP address or switch off the modem completely for a few days. Somebody else's modem in the area might be due for a new IP address to be handed out and hopefully will be issued with your old one instead of getting the same one again. When you plug back in/renew the IP address you could then get their one (or someone else has taken their old one you get someone else's, and so on).
3. Asking your ISP to give you a Static IP address if you are currently on Dynamic. There is usually and extra charge for this and not all ISPs offer it. Check if they will issue you with a new IP address if you do this.
4. If you already have a Static IP, request that the ISP gives you a new static IP. My ISP allows me to change my Static IP (included for free) using their online toolbox up to 50 times for free.
5. If you still can't change the IP address, get a new ISP. That will definitely give you a new IP address.

If you received a copyright infringement notice showing your IP address, this won't help you. Most ISPs keep a date/time log of when you had a particular IP address so they can still track you even if you change IP addresses. Also if you have been banned from something, sometimes the whole IP block is banned (so even if you change, if your new IP address is similar to the old it will be blocked also).

#30 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 96
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 16:44

"I need to switch ip for differnet geo domains to check my search results on different domains/geo locations?"

If this is what your looking to do, it is possible that a proxy would work. You would need one that allowed you to pick your geo location of the proxy.

Your better option in this case would be most likely to use a VPN that allows you to pick the country end point of the vpn vs a proxy.

But to be honest I don't think you need to go to such drastic measures.

http://support.googl...n&answer=179386
Specify your preferred location
  • If you'd like to change your location, click Change Location and enter a street address, zip code, city and state, or country in the box that appears. Click Set to save your location setting.
  • You can only specify a location within the country of your current Google domain. For instance, it's not possible to set a U.S. address on www.google.es, the Google domain for Spain. If you'd like to see results for a region outside of your Google domain, please specify the location in the search query (like [ bicycle repair paris ]) or visit a different Google local domain instead.
  • If you don’t already have a location set, enter a location in the box next to "Search near," then click Set.
example

searchlocation.jpg

searchpizzaparis.jpg