Windows 8 8220 x64 Screens Leaked :D

Wow, those pretty pictures sure are making me excited for vista .... errr ... Win8 / Vista 2 ... lol

Why should there be a 32 bit version ?

Upgrades from XP (still prevalent in refurbs) - that's why.

Upgrades from XP (still prevalent in refurbs) - that's why.

You can't upgrade from XP anyways, not even to Windows 7. Only clean installs so if you are making the move you'll have to start over fresh.

Just because some previous betas were nearly complete does not mean this is the same. We could have some big changes between now and RC.

I mean look at Vista Beta 1.

So what is that big plane solid box doing on right side of desktop taking good chunk of desktop space? It says Networks on top of that box. Perhaps someone copy and pasted two different picture next to each other?

So what is that big plane solid box doing on right side of desktop taking good chunk of desktop space?

You can hide it you know. It's part of Win8's new Metro|Normal look. You can have a metro App "docked" to the side fo your screen while running Word on the normal desktop. On a tablet you just 1/2 pull it out for it to stick there and you'll be able to see the desktop and the metro app at the sametime. Definitely good for widescreens, nobody really wants a 1920 pixel wide IE window now do they? :D

I have to admit, the newer screenshots of the tile interface do look pretty sweet for tablets/touch capable computers but I would say over 90% (or higher) of people do not have that capability yet.

Hopefully people do not forget to post screens of the classic desktop/interface.

You can hide it you know. It's part of Win8's new Metro|Normal look. You can have a metro App "docked" to the side fo your screen while running Word on the normal desktop. On a tablet you just 1/2 pull it out for it to stick there and you'll be able to see the desktop and the metro app at the sametime. Definitely good for widescreens, nobody really wants a 1920 pixel wide IE window now do they? :D

I do need 1920 pixel wide IE. And why do i need Metro App docked? What does it make some program to qualify as Metro App? What does Metro stands for anyway and what is its purpose?

I do need 1920 pixel wide IE. And why do i need Metroo App docked? What does it make some program to be Metro App?

You don't have to have a metro app docked but you have the option. Metro apps are programs designed to work in the new start screen. They aren't traditionall windowed desktop applications.

Why would you need a 1920 pixel wide browser window?

I think it looks terrible when mixed with Aero as it currently is. The design aesthetics of the Metro look will come off as amateurish and cheap when placed beside the more ornate graphics of the Aero desktop. I think to truly appreciate the bold and simple look of Metro, the whole thing needs to look Metro or things will instead look tacky.

• Like 3

You obviously dont use ie9 and dont know about its cool design!

IE9 is fine but its default layout is horrible so i have to pick option called Show tabs on a separate row and also check for Status bar

I think it looks terrible when mixed with Aero as it currently is. The design aesthetics of the Metro look will come off as amateurish and cheap when placed beside the more ornate graphics of the Aero desktop. I think to truly appreciate the bold and simple look of Metro, the whole thing needs to look Metro or things will instead look tacky.

I agree and Metro is not good enough for Desktop interaction with End User so I think Metro needs to go away completely. Why would i run metro to lunch app when i can simply lunch app through shortcut on desktop, or from quick lunch in taskbar without breaking my flow.

I agree and Metro is not good enough for Desktop interaction with End User so I think Metro needs to go away completely. Why would i run metro to lunch app when i can simply lunch app through shortcut on desktop, or from quick lunch in taskbar without breaking my flow.

A quick launch toolbar is obsolete. You can still pin programs like normal and you can still launch new programs with "win key + type + enter" just like in win7.

You can't upgrade from XP anyways, not even to Windows 7. Only clean installs so if you are making the move you'll have to start over fresh.

Not true. You just need a Vista disc to upgrade to, then upgrade from Vista to 7. Don't even need to enter a Vista key because you have 30 days to do so.

My big problem with Windows 8 is they are trying to make my PC into a tablet. That's why I have hated it, and yes I did try out the developer preview.

You don't like Metro, therefore you must be lying about having used the developer preview. Because when you actually tried it you'll love it. You either hate Metro because you haven't used it. Or you've used it and automatically love it. There are no other possibilities in existence, it's the one or the other. At least, that's what a lot of the fanboys keep telling us. ;)

You need to start realizing you're on a public forum where people are allowed to express their opinions regarding these subjects. Them being positive, negative or neutral. A lot of people tried the Windows 8 preview and still don't like Metro. If you can't deal with that simply "buzz off" yourself.

You can't complain about the Developer's Preview. (It wasn't meant to be a "preview".) It was incomplete, buggy, and not meant for full time use. Alot has changed in Windows 8 since then, which is why people should reserve judgement until the use the true Consumer Preview.

Not true. You just need a Vista disc to upgrade to, then upgrade from Vista to 7. Don't even need to enter a Vista key because you have 30 days to do so.

at this point it would be easier to backup your data, reformat, and install a fresh copy of windows 7 or 8.

what I always do is install the OS in its own partition, makes formatting much easier!