Windows 8 8220 x64 Screens Leaked :D

All this kids that run XP are bitching about 8. But I showed W8DP to some friends/non techies in real life and they all loved it... So, I guess the dislike you techies are imposing won't change much.

Guess we can assume this build was leaked from the OEM "OQO" since they forgot to photoshop the username out.

From the powershell? Yea I saw that too. However OQO ceased trading in 2009. So they are possibly still being sent software even though they are no longer trading.

YES...we can all agree here that the UI looks the worst its ever been but imagine the possibilities of customizing this monster into something beautiful :D

YES...we can all agree here that the UI looks the worst its ever been but imagine the possibilities of customizing this monster into something beautiful :D

Words of wisdom. Though I'm really unsure as to how Microsoft could develop such an undeveloped UI in the first place.

It's easy to bang on about how it's not yet BETA etc, the same is said for games and other software yet not much of the noticed problems are changed. I'm really disappointed in the look of Windows 8. Metro is interesting, works on my phone, on a tablet and Xbox but for a PC, but they have REALLY dropped the ball this time - I have no problem with Metro included but at least integrate it into the "Desktop" design and not bolt it on like an afterthought - Shabby.

I'll actually wait to try it out on my current machine, not some VM or whatever before I make my decision about Windows 8. :yes:

• Like 2

i have yet to see a feature in Windows 8 that would convince me to upgrade from 7. can anyone tell me a new and exciting feature?

How about "System Reset"? No more long hours spent reinstalling drivers, files, etc.... ;)

Am I the only one that loves the UI. I know it'll be hard to learn for non-techies but I love it. No start button = more space on the superbar.

Start screen improvents, Ribbon is apparently cleaner and more organized.

I will reserve judgement until I've had the chance to try the Win8 CP. While I'm still skeptical I'm willing to give it a chance to convince me it's worth upgrading to the final product.

Am I the only one that loves the UI. I know it'll be hard to learn for non-techies but I love it. No start button = more space on the superbar.

Start screen improvents, Ribbon is apparently cleaner and more organized.

No, I love it as well! The cleaner taskbar, having information at a glance, and great apis for developers mean that Windows 8 is shaping up to be a great OS in my opinion!

How about "System Reset"? No more long hours spent reinstalling drivers, files, etc.... ;)

nope, doesnt do it for me. i might format my machines once every 2 years. plus, SSDs make formatting and reinstalling pretty quick ;)

nope, doesnt do it for me. i might format my machines once every 2 years. plus, SSDs make formatting and reinstalling pretty quick ;)

Fair enough. I am still thinking. I will get back to you. See, this all goes back to the fact that it is a matter of personal preference. :) We are each free to chose if we like the OS or not. Some people don't see it that way obviously. Personally, I really like Windows 8 and I do plan to upgrade.

Are those new icons?

If they are, Recycle Bin looks hideous.

Un-sure, they aren't default icons but are hidden in one of the .dll files. Canouna just changed them, lots of the old icons are still present. The recycle bin icon is just one still left over that Microsoft still haven't removed.

SSD doesn't apply customisation faster. It also doesn't install the drivers & your application automatically faster than the "System reset".

But what's funny is that you can already do full backup of your system with W7 without any 3rd party software, it's already built in!

/none care if you are convinced about W8 or not.

Glad I'm not the only one liking the new UI, it seems more people hate it than like it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much honestly. I think alot of that has to do with people fearing that they will lose control and customization capabilities. However, certain customizations themselves end up making Windows a usability nightmare. Flashy UI isn't always the best. Sadly, many people will never see it that way.

SSD doesn't apply customisation faster. It also doesn't install the drivers & your application automatically faster than the "System reset".

But what's funny is that you can already do full backup of your system with W7 without any 3rd party software, it's already built in!

Yes it is true that backup is built in, but this simplifies it. Click a button and off it goes to take care of all of the tedious work related to maintaining backups (which is great news for the average user). :)

Looks sexy..but please Microsoft bring back the start button..Plzzzz :(

The Start button is still there; it just isn't displayed until the user requires it, which makes sense.

so the beta will expire in 1 year hmm :p

m sure it will take a while to be become habitual to the new look of the superbar... i don't think ms devs are fools , they must have figured out a better efficient way after killing start button (which in win8 serves no purpose). One good thing is that we can access control panel from charm bar now ...

so many leaks may be we can expect CP release shortly?

20 feb (official date maybe)

youre right - it's just that the 'new' feature in Windows 8 doesnt apply to me. so im still trying to figure out why i might need Windows 8 :laugh:

You know what I find funny - I remember when Windows 2000 came out, it was seen as the ultimate operating system for the hard core Windows user then Windows XP came out and it was ridiculed by 'had core Windows users' as being merely 'fisher price' GUI and how it was only a pretty face and nothing serious. Windows Vista came out and these same people said that Windows XP was absolutely awesome then suddenly a year or so later these same people said that Windows Vista had matured and that the bashing (of course that *THEY* never did *rolls eyes*) were by uninformed people. Same thing for Windows 7 and I'll promise you that the same thing will happen with Windows 8.

Want to know what is pathetic - the fact that people are making a value judgement based on a incomplete customer preview not quite beta version of a project still in progress and concluding that based on a few screen shots that what they see will be the final product. Every time I see some posts here I die a little inside.