Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

AMAZING

Off the HOOK! Damn!!

Agreed, don't watch unless you're unconcerned about spoilers!!!!

Even better than I expected!

I was afraid they'd hold him back from the start. Turns out he goes all fury and wrath on them the moment his mother is in threatened (tip for villains: do not threaten Supreman's mother). Did you notice how Zod was surprised by his powers? I suspected that would be the case. They're in protected space suits and their home planet has a red sun which wouldn't give them any powers at all.

Rotten Tomatoes (critics): 91%

http://www.film.com/movies/man-of-steel-review

Wondering why he?s been stricken with painful x-ray vision, deafening enhanced hearing, and a super strength he must hide to look normal, a young Clark Kent asks his father, ?Did God do this to me?? To which Pa Kent solemnly answers ?no,? before revealing a giant spaceship hidden beneath the family barn. As his father explains, there?s no God to blame for the way Clark?s abnormalities. He is the God.

From his early days, Superman has been a comic book proxy for the symbolic cast of the Bible. But working from the ?Batman Begins? textbook, director Zack Snyder (?300,? ?Sucker Punch?), writer David Goyer, and producer Christopher Nolan drill to the core of the metaphor to find an emotional entrance and an excuse to explode the screen with jaw-dropping set pieces. ?Man of Steel? is a blockbuster of titanic proportions that swings back and forth between human existentialism and clobbering action deserving of the biggest screen imaginable. If the word ?epic? has lost its meaning in the throes of recent summers, ?Man of Steel? forcefully redefines it.

>

A few negative reviews will seemingly do nothing to stop Superman from demolishing the competition this weekend at the North American box office! The latest estimates ahead of Man of Steel's opening at midnight tonight have the reboot pegged as grossing upwards of $105 million.

sheesh!

Just saw it in 3D

5 stars (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)...no question...i want a trilogy like yesterday... :woot:

The best Action/SuperHero movie of the year since Dark Knight trilogy and no surprise there from the writers and production team... awesome!! :punk: Finally the way superman should be shown....not a soft and wimpy hero but a "God" among men...

with him using his powers to the max...that you wont believe how far he pushes himself. 

so many questions answered and filled in nicely...

going to watch it again....2D next time....wish i got to see it in IMAX.....

Saw it. Loved it. Loved the way the story is switched around some. I think this is the superman the current generation needs to see.

No more boyscout!

No credit scene though.

Seen it last night at the Walmart Premiere and while I wasn't sure I was going to like the suit or Henry Cavill I really enjoyed both. Movie was really really well made. My 11 year old son and I both LOVED it! Only thing that made me gasp though, was how he handled Zod. Definitely opens the door for later consequences and/or a darker Superman.

SMUND_Cv1.jpg

^^ spoilers, man.

Anyhow, I loved the movie.

I will say this: go in with a clear head. This is NOT the Superman you're used to. That said, it absolutely worked. Going to see it again.

3/10

* No Spoilers *

Wasn't impressed. The narrative was decent but it was incredibly rushed, with barely any exposition. The constant battle for morality that normally faces Superman was nearly completely absent, lacking any of the depth seen in Smallville. Henry Cavill, Russel Crowe and Michael Shannon were excellent but Amy Adams was completely miscast as Lois Lane - the rest of the cast might as well not have been there for how little screen time they had. The production was terrible, with scene changes that were abrupt and made little sense.

Zack Synder's previous superhero film, Watchmen, had incredible depth and was actually very believable - it was an epic and I was hoping to see some of that magic here. Unfortunately this was a film obviously designed by committee, with those footing the bill obviously having more influence - it's why there were so many crappy CGI fight scenes and such overt pro-military propaganda. And despite having Christopher Nolan attached there seemed to be little attempt to make Man Of Steel a plausible, real-world film - none of the Batman magic was present.

This isn't even close to the likes of The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Watchmen or The Dark Knight. I didn't have high expectations but this managed to fall short nonetheless.

It's not me that needs to get their eyes checked. That "line" as you call it, is produced by frowning. Look at the nose shape, eyes, eye colour, ears, mouth, jaw line - all identical. I realise he's uncredited at the moment on IMDB which is why I was surprised to see him in the preview vignette. That must be Patrick Stewart, though.

It's definitely not Patrick Stewart. Once you watch the movie, you will agree too. Totally different look to him, in other views.

Saw it last night. It was fantastic. 9/10. We finally get the Superman we deserve.

One thing to note, the critics HATED it, but the audience/fans loved it.

The critics: Roten Tomato and Metacritic; 57% and 55.

The Audience/Users on Rotten Tomato and Metacritic gave it a 82% / 89.

IMDB: 8.4 / 10 from 29,475 users.

The audience/user scores are only surpassed by the Avengers, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Man of Steel is higher on IMDB than Avengers though. Although Avengers has 600,000+ user vote. I believe Superman will drop down to 8.0 when more people start voting.

The only real problem with Man of Steel is the editing. By that, I mean the "style" used to put it together. A lot of scenes feel like you're walking into the scene a couple of minutes late.

Imagine you walked out to get some popcorn and walked back in while a scene was taking place. It wouldn't take you long to catch up with what's going on, but you still feel like you missed the set-up to the scene.

I think they were trying to cut out most of the "obvious" background and get directly to the point. While I think it worked, I can understand why people would be put off by the style in this age of "filming for the lowest common denominator". People are used to being shown everything- the guy walks to the car, opens the door, and gets in... As opposed to just being shown in the car.

I saw it and liked it, was definitely good. With that said I thought it was a bit to long winded, and I also actually thought the effects were a bit much actually. Not only were they a bit much, but they also beat a dead horse to me. How many crumbling structures can one movie show? Apparently never enough according to this movie. So I do feel it felt a tad shallow and was one note compared to the other recent superhero movies.

I saw it and liked it, was definitely good. With that said I thought it was a bit to long winded, and I also actually thought the effects were a bit much actually. Not only were they a bit much, but they also beat a dead horse to me. How many crumbling structures can one movie show? Apparently never enough according to this movie. So I do feel it felt a tad shallow and was one note compared to the other recent superhero movies.

I agree on the buildings.. Someone else said 2 guys destroyed more buildings in this movie than the entire Avengers movie did bad guys and all