I finished this game last night and i'm honestly surprised that there isn't more buzz about it.

What an absolutely fantastic game. Graphics are very good. Sound very good too.

Not your average rubbish CoD type shooter where all it is is run and gun and over the top set pieces. This is a well thought out game dealing with the effects of war and atrocities on the human psyche.

It is the first game in a long time where I got to the end and whilst not absolutely shocked at the ending, it did make me think wow, I have to go back and play though this game again. It will seem completely different and even more disturbing knowing what is actually going on.

I hope this game doesn't turn into another Enslaved. That was an amazing game, but got little to no recognition, poor sales and a sequel will now never be on the cards.

Just to add to what was mentioned above:

Bummer :(

You could always add a US address to your Amazon account ;)

Downloaded the demo but didn't get a chance to play it yet (on Xbox) so prolly check that out later :)

Just bought on Amazon during the sale. No way was I going to pay $50 for it but at $25, no hesitation. Hope to put in some time tonight with it.

Enjoyed the demo a lot.. it is really good stuff.. my only fear is that the game might be super repetitive as you go through levels because at the end of the demo it felt a bit repetitive.. go from one part of the environment to another, kill a bunch of guys, rinse and repeat.

As other people have stated, the gameplay on this is really good. Hadn't heard anything about this prior to getting it but glad I did, nice graphics and interesting mature storyline to the campaign. :)

Enjoyed the demo a lot.. it is really good stuff.. my only fear is that the game might be super repetitive as you go through levels because at the end of the demo it felt a bit repetitive.. go from one part of the environment to another, kill a bunch of guys, rinse and repeat.

That is no doubt the game, but I think they still do a good job of keeping it interesting. I beat it, which I tend not to do a lot of these days. Max Payne 3 I also beat. The only two games I have beaten recently actually. This is really a damn good game. It is fun, which some games these days just are not.

Completed. I have to say this has to be one of the best games I've ever played. Really. The constant teammate/radio throughout the game always keeps a constant trickle of story going and helps break the cutscene-gameplay-cutscene-gameplay pattern that's all too common in games.

I really appreciated the dark story and it really did go to some of the darkest places I've seen a video game go and is a fine example of what a great medium video games are for telling compelling stories and delivering solid gameplay with some stunning visuals to boot.

Ahh, what the hell. It's still half off so I went for it.

And to THQ I say: I would've paid full price if you'd gone for a proper PC ver.

Just got Space Marine for $7.50 as well, same deal.

My god, I just spent 5.5 straight hours playing this. Had to finally call it quits on Chapter 12. Really like the game, and although I know its not going to be much longer to the end, it feels like there is so much gameplay in such a small amount of time. Really curious to see how the story plays out. The visuals are amazing although there is that console feeling (but it is not intrusive at all). Only issue I have is the framerate - it seems like it is capped at 30fps in a lot of places, mainly firefights.

Are there multiple endings to the game?

I chose to not save Gould and saved the citizens and then I let Riggs burn in misery and not shooting him - just curious if these decisions decide a different fate?

Just finished the game.

That was intense at the end! I played both endings but my first choice was to shoot Konrad and let Walker live. I'm still confused as to what actually took place :laugh:

Really enjoyed this one and it was definitely worth the $25 from the Amazon sale. Got 7-8 hours of continuous action and an engrossing story line. On YouTube there is a video showing 4 different endings that take place, for anyone curious.

Interesting, just watched all the endings on YouTube. Seems I took the "I've lost my mind so shot myself approach". Hah.

got this on sale. story and gameplay seems decent enough, but the pc controls seem janky and the framerate is really inconsistent even with lowered settings (see specs in sig).

got this on sale. story and gameplay seems decent enough, but the pc controls seem janky and the framerate is really inconsistent even with lowered settings (see specs in sig).

I can't say that the framerates have been bad for me on my 6870, but the controls are a bit janky, as you say. Not too bad though once you mess with the key bindings :p

Is it just me, or is there like no one on the multiplayer at all on PC? I've been on a couple of game modes and there was literally no one in any of the games I went on and was playing against the same people over and over :/

sorry for being lazy and not reading the whole thread...i am so happy this is getting a good reaction, it deserves every part of it. one of the most refreshing games i've played in a while. sure, none of it is terribly original but the execution is super-smooth in SP, and the story is excellent. the mind**** moments that we won't mention here are just great, and the emotional impact is superb. i love it when a game tells you "i'm just a dumb Gears/Army of Two clone" when you start, and then becomes so much more. MP is also quite addictive, but glitchy and has many technical issues. still fun tho.