Wait, you have to buy DLC to finish FFXIII-2?

So, we're paying to buy the ending of games now? Devs make lackluster endings then encourage us to buy DLC to find a better ending? Does anyone else think this is bull****?

Ugh IGN...

I was quite fine with the ending. In fact there are multiple endings (paradox endings) so it's really up to the player what they want to believe. There will be story content added in with DLC but there has been no comfirmation whatsoever that it is a continuation of the original story ending.

I just finished the game and I liked the ending. I still need to see the other endings but if this means that we are going to get more hours of story and gameplay I'll pay for the DLCs.

Its a diffeent ending,, so what.

I would have an issue if then Only ending was DLC, but this isnt the case

*Edit - sometimes i hate this tablet

Maybe the DLC will be free?

If they are charging $3 for n outfit I dont think these DLCs are going to be free. I hope I'm wrong. :p

Maybe the DLC will be free?

Yeah right! :p

Santa Clause might bring it to you! (Y) :D

no offense, just kidding! ^^

Its a diffeent ending,, so what.

I would have an issue if then Only ending was DLC, but this isnt the case

*Edit - sometimes i hate this tablet

True that.

Easy people, I find DLCs cheesy (at best), too, but this is not a "new degree".

Glassed Silver:mac

Ops choice of topic name == fail.

you dont have to buy squat to see the end of the game. The dlcs are just OTHER endings and paths in the story. Gotta hand it to you for tricking people in here for views, worked on me.

Ops choice of topic name == fail.

you dont have to buy squat to see the end of the game. The dlcs are just OTHER endings and paths in the story. Gotta hand it to you for tricking people in here for views, worked on me.

Why would I trick people for views? I don't get paid for page views.

There is nothing wrong with the title. It is consistent with the claim made in the video.

In a way you do - the DLC is clearly an integral part of the game that was developed alongside the actual game.

What would you like if they ripped out the entire Renegade part of Mass Effect 2 and made you pay for it? "I'm sorry but you can't see the renegade storyline/ending without paying extra".

I'd say "**** you in the neck, *******s". Which is exactly what anyone who cares slightly about the future of gaming should do here.

In a way you do - the DLC is clearly an integral part of the game that was developed alongside the actual game.

What would you like if they ripped out the entire Renegade part of Mass Effect 2 and made you pay for it? "I'm sorry but you can't see the renegade storyline/ending without paying extra".

I'd say "**** you in the neck, *******s". Which is exactly what anyone who cares slightly about the future of gaming should do here.

This, although as I have said, nothing new.

What has been another bloody feck up was Assassin's Creed 2...

Missing actually parts of the actual only (hence main) story...

I can't stand Ubisoft with a passion, they are the nazis of game publishers, but AC is too good to pass on...

Did show them my disregard a couple times, so yeah, I didn't vote with my wallet, but made my point clear nevertheless.

That's the least you can do in such a dilemma.

Glassed Silver:mac

I'd prefer XIII-3 than DLCs. That ending deserves a game not a DLC. Really liked the characters in this game (Serah, Noel, Yeul and Caius). Hope was pretty cool too. Mog was annoying.

Caius is one of my favorite FF villians.

Or a vehicle manufacture has the 19" rims extra instead of the 16's, as clearly the rims were designed along side and intandem with the car, or even the cigarete lighter or multi disk changer.

The Alternative Ending is just that, an Alternative and fully Optional ending. You dont need it to enjoy the game. A person could skip it and be just fine.

Your example is just far off, they do not require the purchase of the DLC, and not getting the DLC has no effect on the persons gameplay, UNLESS they want to see the OPTIONAL and ALTERNATIVE / EXTRA ending or features.

Game Expansion packs do the same thing. Even sequels, i dont see people up in arms for Diablo III being pay as its continuing the storylien of previous Diablos.

Heck Blizzard even did that with SCII. They are releacing expansions to finish the storyline of the Protos and Zerg. Nobody is up in arms over that, they are preordering it and drooling over it

* edit - but all in all im still completing FFXIII and refusing to play FFXIII-2 untill i beat the first, havent even put the disk in my PS3 yet

I think some people are arguing that the ending you get is intentionally weak so you're compelled to go out and buy the DLC to get a more satisfying ending. If that is the case, it is pretty ****ty of them to do.

I think some people are arguing that the ending you get is intentionally weak so you're compelled to go out and buy the DLC to get a more satisfying ending. If that is the case, it is pretty ****ty of them to do.

If that is the case then yea i would have to "kinda " agree, but not fully, as it could just be like the harry potter movies and left that way to allow FFXIII-3