How are you going to run the Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

91 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to run the Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

• In a virtual machine.
    • As primary OS on my primary machine.
    • As secondary OS on my primary machine.
    • As primary OS on my secondary machine.
    • As secondary OS on my secondary machine.
    • On a tablet.
    • Windows 8? Pfft. Wake me up when the Windows 9 beta is released.
    • I'm going to leave beta testing Windows 8 up to others.
    • I won't touch any Windows version with a 10-foot pole.

How is it? I was debating on picking one of these up for my wife for her classes. Does it support pen input?

I switched from a Fujitsu TH700 which had a Core i3 CPU, Intel graphics, 8GB's of RAM and while the Acer is slower I find it suits my needs very well. I am able to surf, do email, watch Netflix, Amazon Instant videos, stream from my home server all without any significant decrease in usability even with max CPU set at 30% to conserve battery. For a test I opened the backup for my old laptop on my home server over wifi and it worked fine. Only thing you will need to watch is the battery life, gets around 5 hours of constant use with tweaked power saving options.

I dont use a pen with it but it will support a capacitive stylus but has no digitizer so wont disable the touchscreen when using it. For casual use it will work well, I think. With Windows 8 I think it will be even better and numerous videos on youtube seem to confirm that.

You could probably take this to PM. Or even create its own thread.

Install on Virtual Machine. Not a fan of Metro in any way, but the only way people will actually listen to my opinions is if I install it, and use it and base my opinion on the Public Beta instead of the dev preview.

Pretty sure I'll run it as VM on my primary Mac and as second setup on my netbook (EeePC 1000h) :)

Glassed Silver:ios