• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 21:13

Posted Image

Excellent casting and directing, the movie is elevated by a great script and some remarkable performances. Brutal and captivating.
Fincher' directing is just exceptional

9.0 out of 10

#2 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,697 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:07

Great acting and great story. Watch the original with subtities. Some powerful scenes that were pulled off wonderfully.

#3 Biotoxic_hazard_835

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Neowinian Medic

• 2,696 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:10

What is it all about ?

#4 :: Lyon ::

:: Lyon ::

Neowinian Senior

• 3,941 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:16

What is it all about ?

About a girl with a dragon tattoo? lol sorry, I haven't read about the synopsis or watch the trailer of the movie either. Guess u can search for it on google though

#5 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

• 3,705 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:56

I really don't understand why all the buzz around ''The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo''. For 2 hours and 38 mins I've struggled to watch this movie and to find a good reason to add it to my collection but I failed in my battle. I have not read the book, nor seen the original. A movie that requires supplemental reading or research beforehand is absurd.

#6 martinsc

martinsc

i'm nobody, ignore me

• 1,759 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:39

I really enjoyed it. One of the better movies I have seen lately (Y)

#7 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• 4,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 13:00

So I just saw this movie last week. Absolutely fantastic. I love how it's not afraid to be brutally realistic. It's almost refreshing to see a movie with some honesty. I went into the movie not knowing anything about it and was actually surprised to find it was a murder mystery with a twisted plot. One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

#8 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 25,753 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:58

I thought it was funny how he was using a Unibody Macbook but running Tiger! After I said, that I actually Googled the movie name and Macbook and found this post

I thought the Mikael (Daniel Craig)'s dock looked like tiger (2005-2007), and that would fit with an early timestamp on a website dated to 2006 (forgotten details of the site)
having said that, the macbookpro he was using was clearly unibody, and he was using gestures so that would imply hardware from 2008

the iTunes logo in both docks was last used in iTunes 6, so up until around septemper 2006, and the iPhoto was earlier than 07 I'd say, but he was still using the gestures to navigate photos

#9 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,589 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:18

A movie that requires supplemental reading or research beforehand is absurd.

Why would you say that?

I enjoyed the movie, but haven't watched the original film yet for comparison. I'm still not sure why they needed all the 'shock' parts with her and the case worker unless that is a plot point in future films. I plan on reading the books this summer.

#10 +mkol

mkol

mkol

• 1,347 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32gb

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:23

^^ The book is better than the film... I watched the original version and it was good.

However watched the US version and turned it off in 5mins. I felt it was a frame to frame copy of the original version in that five minutes.

#11 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:31

^^ The book is better than the film... I watched the original version and it was good.

However watched the US version and turned it off in 5mins. I felt it was a frame to frame copy of the original version in that five minutes.

I've got the book, and of course it's more fleshed out than the original movie, but that's expected of any book a movie is based on.

It was a shot-for-shot remake to a certain extent, but they did do some of their own scenes as well.

In all honesty, I preferred the original Swedish movie, I am getting fed up of Hollywood's Americanisation of foreign films when they do a remake, it loses a lot in translation.

#12 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,395 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:33

I must be the only one who didn't enjoy it. I fell asleep half way through.

#13 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:35

Why would you say that?

I enjoyed the movie, but haven't watched the original film yet for comparison. I'm still not sure why they needed all the 'shock' parts with her and the case worker unless that is a plot point in future films. I plan on reading the books this summer.

The so called "shock parts" are an integral part of the Lisbeth character. You REALLY need to read the books. Never watch any movie "based on a book" before reading the book.

#14 +mkol

mkol

mkol

• 1,347 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32gb

Posted 21 June 2012 - 21:41

I am on to the third book now. And about to watch the second film. The original version of the 'girl who played with Fire' I hope it's good as the book. Than hey the books are always better

#15 .Kompressor

.Kompressor

Monkey Business

• 4,629 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:33

10/10 nothing else to say but Watch it. or read the books.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!